Pages

Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Remembering 3rd Thursday

Linking today with Brenda over at "the Nest" for 3rd Thursday.




Not only did I get up at 5:15 a.m. and go to the gym and do "body pump" which I enormously dislike, but go because, well, it's apparently good for you....I also remembered in a timely manner that today is Third Thursday.  Signs are pointing toward it being a good day.  And, cha-ching, bonus baby, the sun is out.

If I understand the premise correctly, for this monthly linky you're supposed to try something that is outside your normal mode or style; stretch-grow-change-swear, etc. 

I played with creating my own templates in Photoshop this month.  Seriously, like everything else, it's just not that hard once you know what you're doing.  Frankly I'm wondering now why anyone would buy one since they're so damn easy to make on your own.  My templates are not yet frilly or dreamy or clever or scrap-booky, but they are functional.  I'm a function over fashion kind of person anyway.  It suits.

I think maybe body pump was more like brain pump with sore muscles.  Sarcasm R us this a.m.  There is still a chance it may be a good day.  I know you're thinking...just show me the damn template and shut up.  So, here it is.



Snowy Days Collage BW
Snowy Days Collage BW


I think a cool thing about templates is, you save them.  And then when it's summer you fill the boxes with flowers, green grass, beach scenes, or anything else with vibrancy and without snow.

Thanks for reading and looking this morning, sarcasm and all.  Thanks to Brenda for being the hostess mostest.

12 comments:

smiles, Sharon said...

What is more fun than reading Susan's "irreverent" words, well combine that with her photographs and it is a winning combinations. Love your template and seeing SNOW! How I miss that now that we are in the south where the S word isn't understood. Happy shooting. smiles: sharon

gina said...

Your commentary made me laugh -- sarcasm and all. Good for you for making your own templates -- it does sound daunting to me. i get frustrated by the limitations of my bought ones, so maybe I should try it too. Love this snow montage.

Brenda said...

A bucketful of points awarded to you, my girl! You not only remembered the Third Thursday Challenge but yes, you are the numero uno submission. So glad to have you here as a challenge participant. And what a great idea - template creation! And a wonderful result. I expect to see a spring, summer and autumn collage to complete all four seasons. Beautiful snowy collection - working so well in BW, with all those lovely textures. In that first one - did you actually LAY DOWN on the ground to get that one? Thanks again for joining up!

Carol Blackburn said...

Good job! The template is really nice.

Tamar SB said...

Gorgeous collage! I am kinda bummed I spent all day inside yesterday! And I was up with you at my gym!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

The whole template/preset this is a godsend.

I like the left-most photos the best, the fence shadow is great!


Good for you getting up early. Maybe you'll inspire me, but I can't imaging getting up earlier, 5:40 is bad enough

Justine said...

I love this! I have just learnt to make these in lightroom, yours are great black and whites. Well done with body pump, I haven't done it for ages, hate all that gym stuff, run outside! much better for you!

Kathryn said...

I love sarcasm . . . maybe that's why I find myself drawn to your posts. Brits use it a lot and I miss it now that I'm in the US. Love the template, looks great. I'd planned to learn a lot more about photography and processing this year but then I threw a puppy into the mix. Wish I had your motivation for going to the gym but I don't.

Cathy H. said...

Love the templete!! Good for you!! If I had photoshop, I'd get you to teach me how!! And on top of that, you added beautiful snow images!! Looking foward to seeing more of your collages!

Deborah Tisch said...

Hey, this is pretty good! I'm impressed. And please keep the sarcasm coming. I don't think I'd like your posts without it.

Laloofah said...

Your posts would not be the same without a dose of amusing sarcasm. :-)

Cracked up at your addition of "swear" to the personal growth string o'words!

The collage is very cool, I'll have to give that a try sometime! The woman on the horse brought back instant and powerful memories of riding Sassy. Even on very cold winter days - when I'd ride her bareback to stay warm. Sure did love that wonderful horse!

The shadows of the fence on the snow is a brilliant photo! I really love that one, would love to see it full size.

Leanne Barnett said...

Nice snowy days template, really like each of these images.