Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Scavenger in Black and White

Linking with Ashley for the Scavenger.  Yes!




Liking this week's list.   I enjoy the lists that offer a wide berth for interpretation.  That's cuz my brain works in mysterious ways.  I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  As for the black and white.  Who knows?  Certainly not me.



Lone Pass BW
Lone Pass BW

Outside:  Yah it's pretty.  Yah I hate it anyway.  I'm a really poor example of a Maine girl, huh?  I do have me plenty of coats, boots, hats, and flannels from LLBean though.  Redeeming qualities.



The Good Life BW
The Good Life BW

Backside:  Shhhh.  Don't tell.  I let Princess P sunbathe on my kitchen table.....but that's because I always eat at the breakfast bar.  When company comes, I totally sanitize.  Promise. 
I definitely want to be a cat in my next life.




A Long Day BW 116/365
A Long Day BW

Little Things:  Drops. They do a lot of work with just that little size.



Dead Soldier BW
Dead Soldier BW

A Cup of.....: well, a glass of.....wine.  Seen thru the empty bottle from whence it came.

I've been trying to begin using my iphone. This is my first result.  No special ap, just a shot I processed with PS.
I've received a few suggestions about what aps are "must haves"....if you'd like to leave some me ideas, please comment.  I'll take them.  I have NO clue where to start and that would be super helpful.



Water Distortion BW
Water Distortion BW

Reflect:  OK, reflections.  I think they allow you to "reflect" on a scene even more so.



Black and White scavenger done.  When I first began shooting images I didn't understand what all the fuss was about over black and white.  I think I'm starting to get it.  It was fun doing a set this way.
Happy weekend to you.  I'm on to football.  Go PATS!


16 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm digging the black and whites this week!!! Loving the reflect shot and your cat photo too. My cat likes our dining room table too. Lots of good light in that room. (We only use that table once or twice a year....so I turn a blind eye!)

Happy Sunday to you!!!!

TheChieftess said...

Fun and interesting interpretations here!!! I love black and white...sometimes a shot that is only so so in color is smashing in B&W...Love you tiny bubbles and a cup of!!! Innovative!!! This is my first time posting for Scavenger Hunt Sunday!!!

Tamar SB said...

Digging the black and white this week! I am willing it to snow more this year! I so need a snow day (-:

Carol Blackburn said...

So nice in B&W Susan. I guess you are not working this weekend. Huzzah! Enjoy the sports!

Brenda said...

Oh, I totally get the black and white thing, as my images seem to be moving in that direction as well. Not sure why either - they just are.

This is a really great set. The shot of your wine glass through the bottle - now THAT is really quite fabulous and creative - love the multiple distortions of glass on glass. And the incredible detail you captured of fur and whiskers - the black and white treatment lets every hair stand out. Can't help with apps as I am obviously the only remaining photographer in the world without a smartphone. But I look forward to your experimentations. Amazing distorted ripples.

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. said...

LOVE that first one - what a beautiful sight.

Cathy H. said...

I love the black and white! Beautiful snow scene, but I think my favorite is the reflection!! I've been playing with reflections lately, mostly in the puddles from all the rain we've been having!

Brianne said...

Love the outside & reflect shots

Nicki said...

apparently my brain has its moments of working in mysterious ways cause I am totally into these pictures. I especially like the wine glass - but gotta give a shout out to the kitty on the table.

Great job!

Kathy said...

The fact that ur mind works in mysterious ways is exactly why I like ya so much :)

Kathryn said...

Loving the black and white. I just want to reach into the screen and love your cat, so cute. I've only just got myself a smart phone so if you find any cool apps let me know.

shirley said...

Love your black and whites! Especially the kitty - I have a soft spot for those furry babies.

Apps for your iPhone - I have a love - hate relationship with Instagram, but only because of their TOS (and that they are now part of FB). You might try Flickr. For photo editing, I like Photogene2 and Snapseed. I also have CameraAwesome, which has a great interval timer that I did most of my 2012 selfies with. For a great selection of filters, I have PicFx. Then there is the Blender app that allows you to blend multiple photos together ala layers. Most are free apps. Have fun with them!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Yummy, you know how I love B&W!! The first looks like is should be from the LLBean catalog (the only catalog really needed). The details in kitty's fur would have been lost in color.

Linda R said...

I just love how all your SHS shots are in B & W. They look amazing. Love your reflect shot..

Stephanie said...

Your water distortion shot is my fav this week although the cleverness of the wine bottle shot is way up there too.

Brooke said...

I'm pretty sure I could turn every photo I've ever taken into a black and white. I love how timeless they are. And they almost always have more of a 'feel' to them. Wonderful set!