Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday's Scavenger

As tradition around here holds, linking with Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.


OK, tough list.  It was a bit girlie-girl for me.  Had to stretch and try to make it my own.  I'm totally not above sliding my interpretations as far as needed to fulfill the list.



Whispering Ghost BW
Whispering Ghost BW

Lace:  Aha.  Laces.  On shoes.  Stretch numero uno.


Business Cards
Business Cards

Bling:  Aha.  Stretch numero duo.  That metal biz card holder looks a little blingy to me.  The one in my office is kind of an ugly tan opaque plastic one.  Cool blingy table here too.



Down Around
Down Around

Wood:  The other day I had a chance to tour a stunning historic home in Kennebunkport currently for sale.  At the front entry is this amazing 3 1/2 story circular stairway-completely made of wood.  I suppose I was a bad realtor, while the other brokers were admiring the house, I ran back to my car to get my camera.  It wasn't optional.

Here's the view that made me run back to my car.  How can one say no to this?:

Circular Stairs at Number 10 144/365
Circular Stairs at Number 10. 144/365


Anyone want to buy this amazing house?  Call me.  I'll hook you up.  $1.3 million.  Cash works.




All Mine BW
All Mine BW

Fluffy:  No her name isn't Fluffy, tho' that's the perfect name for most any cat.  I'm smitten with my fluffy "Princess P".  I think the love goes both ways.



Selfie in the Stuffie Bin
Selfie in the Stuffie Bin

Fabric:  I hate Walmart.  A lot.  I go about twice a year and only if I HAVE to.  Early in the morning is best to avoid people and the dreadful parking lot.  Walmarts have the worst parking lots.  All of them.
But...there was a silly grab an animal thing for 25 cents in the entry.  I didn't play, just scored a selfie in the mirror, some funny looks (I can take it) and some fabric for the SHS.
Aha.  This may be stretch numero tres.


Thanks for checking in today.  Looking forward to seeing how others interpreted this list.  I bet they have lacey lace and blingy bling and beautiful fabric....but they ain't got that cool staircase. : )
Have a great day.

28 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your selfie in the stuffie bin but I wouldn't consider that the strangest thing I've seen in WallyWorld. Spectacular shot of the staircase.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Let me see, I have two awards for you today. First is for creativity in your lace shot. Second for outstanding photo is the staircase. I love it. I'd pay $1.3 million (if I had it) just for the staircase.

Karen said...

That staircase is stunning! Your photo certainly sold me on the house.....let me go get my wallet. :)

Jen said...

1.3 million? Let me just get my purse. ; ) That staircase is definitely amazing. I would have had to grab my camera. I find it surprising that the people in Walmart would look at you funny, taking a picture. I mean, they're all wearing pajamas! What are they looking at?

Brooke said...

Oh wow - you still managed to get a fine set of photos here. The fabric-selfie-stuffie-bin one... GENIUS! And those stairs.... OH MY WORD! Lovely. Have a great week, Susan. Look forward to seeing what you find for next week ;D

Carla Hutchins said...

Wow! very cool! Love the staircase shot!

Carrie said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! That staircase is amazing - I'll take the house, lol.
Love that you got a selfie in there too :)

Brianne said...

Great shots!

Kathy said...

Totally love those circular stairs and how it just leads your eye downward.

Norma Ruttan said...

well, I love the cost of groceries at Walmart to hate it. but definitely I hate pjs and slippers on shoppers! of course, I don't dress up to go there. I would think something was wrong with you if you hadn't captured that stupendous stairs! (yet, I wouldn't have known, would I?) suffice it to say, if I'd seen it, I would have snapped an image or two...or more.
that and Princess P are my faves! by the looks of her, she deserves her title!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

What, no Uggs? I know you better :-)

The staircase is dizzying and I like the motion of the woman.

Ya know, they recently put an addition on out Walmart and made the parking lot WORSE, which is hard to believe!!

Laloofah said...

Ah, very clever takes on the prompts! I like your style, and creative ability to think outside the box. "Lace" was especially great.

I love the photo of the business card holder, and wonder if the person whose desk that is witnessed you photographing it, and if so, what bewildered thoughts might have passed through their noggin. :-)

And holy cannoli, that spiral staircase is awesome! Do you have change for a $2,000,000 bill? You absolutely have your priorities straight, you ask me! I'd definitely have gone for the magnificent photo ops rather than the "and here's the master bedroom" blah blah blah boringly obvious blather. That staircase - or at least your photography of it - is a work of art. (Might I know this house?)

It would be fun to cut the beautiful Princess P loose among the horrid, slave-made Wally World toys and watch her turn them into something useful, like insulation. Fun photo of you, love the subtle sign above your head! :-)

Linda R said...

Everyone of your shots are amazing. I am loving your fuzzy shot. So cute!

Brenda said...

I love seeing how you push and stretch the limits of the list - always results in interesting photographs, Susan-style. And it was all worth it for that staircase shot - and no photographer worth their salt would say no to that image. Quite stunning.

Tamar SB said...

Getting around later than usual - just spent the day in NH boarding! Great week - stretches aren't stretches they are creativity flowing!

Can I move into that house??? Oh my gorgeous-ness (ha, spellcheck says that is a word!)

Honey Mommy said...

You are completely right! No on has a cool staircase like that one, Wow! I also stretched it a bit on lace, but I figure we can interpret the prompts however we want!

Cathy H. said...

I love this post! You are fantastic at thinking out of the box!! My favorite, well of course the gorgeous staircase! I love the view where your looking up, wonderful lines! I also love your self-portrait!

Saun said...

Well done love your interpretations...

Kathryn said...

Wow, that spiral staircase is to die for. You're so creative with your selfies too . . . I'm trying to create art representing myself in different ways this year. I'm currently working on a torso for my own home. Will be interesting to see how it comes out.

Ida said...

Creative Thinking worked here.
Enjoy your set very much.
Loved the Fuzzy shot of the kitty (I love cats) and that Staircase is to die for stunning. To bad I don't have 1.3 Million!

Ida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicki said...

I'm totally on board with your interpretations - and Walmart is an acquired taste - and mornings (very early) is the best time to go there. Love the selfie (very ingenious).

Kay L. Davies said...

If Walmart is an acquired taste, as Nicki said, I'm glad I've managed to disacquire it.
Love the way you stretch your meanings. And your cat is gorgeous.
K

Carol Blackburn said...

That was very creative, Susan. And if it means anything, I really don't like going to Wal-mart either but in this neck of the woods........it's our big box store, the only game in town; for miles around and I am talking miles........:) I never ever see anyone playing those quarter games in the store. I don't know why they keep them there. Hope you have a great week!

TheChieftess said...

Great shots/interpretations for the hunt!!!

Susan @ Sunflower Status said...

Fun! Love the stairs, and the great selfie with all of the colorful fabric! :-D

Sarah Carletti said...

I love Kennebunkport (sp?) The stairs are amazing!

Deborah Tisch said...

OMG!

You have me bustin' a gut laughin out loud with that selfie!!! That is too funny!

Love coming her to read your commentary and see your fabulous photos, friend!