Pages

Followers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Time to Scavenge Around

Linking with Ashley (again) for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Thank you hostess.




Today is sunny.  Yay.  Today I'm going to take Tula Dot to the beach.  Yay.  Today I'm going to wash my car.  Yay.  Today the Patriots play the Ravens at 6 p.m.  Yay.  Today I bought a nice bottle of red wine for my Mom and I to enjoy during that Patriots game.  Yay.  I guess that's enough yay for the day.



Hoops
Hoops

Basket:  If you think my snow is gone, think again.  I tromped across a field to a snow covered basketball court to get this shot.  What we do for the SHS.  BTDubs...I didn't have to wait for anyone to get off the courts to take my shot.

Waiting for Spring
Waiting for Spring

Here's the proof.



Don't Do It
Don't Do It!!

Park:  Or, no park....ing.  Been trying to embrace the use of iphone.  It's a process, but this is one that came out to my satisfaction.


Who's Framing Who? 134/365
Who's Framing Who?  134/365

Auto:  Here's another iphone shot I like.  I'm still struggling with not setting anything (AUTO settings).  I only shoot in manual, but this sunflare came out really cool.


Styrofoam Cups
Styrofoam Cups

Recycle:  Gotta talk to my Pop about buying these.  I bet he's not dialed in that they don't recycle.  He has many other redeeming qualities however.


Pedestrian
Pedestrian

People Watching:  Living in a small town made this one a smidge difficult for me.  I did make a trip to "the big city" she says sarcastically, of Portland and did some drive by shootings at the red lights.



And there it is.  I'm off to do all my "yay" things.  I hope you have some "yay" things in your day too.  If not, grab a nice glass of red around 6 o'clock and watch the Pats.

18 comments:

Kathy said...

Your photography just keeps getting better and better my friend!!!! A big YOWZA on that sun flare shot!!! Trying to embrace the iPhone too, but have to admit its still an after thought for moi.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Nice post, I love the self shot with the flare and the pedestrian shot. I appreciate you trudging through the snow to get the basket shot. I am ashamed to admit trudged through my archives.

Stephanie said...

I'm glad you are having a YAY day.
So, you had to drive to Portland to people watch and you thought I went far! the whole time I was driving north I was thinking you were finding a crowd on Main St.

Yolanda Ronaldo said...

Your sunflare is gorgeous!

Brooke said...

Love that you went to such extremes for the basket shot! I love the perspective :D

Thankful that my baskets were found indoors - brrrr. Not that we have any snow in Chicago....grrrrr.

Enjoy your YAY day.

Christine E-E said...

what great shots... doesn't appear that you live in a small town... love that you feel compelled to share the idea that those cups can't be recycled.

Brenda said...

One of my Sunday YAY things is coming here to see what you have scavanged. Love the "Hoops" shot (and your persistence in getting it) as well as your iphone experiments. I will have to live vicariously through your iphonography experiences - since I am still smartphone-less.

Jackie said...

Wow Susan southern Maine? We use to live in Bristol about 2 miles in from Pemaquid.

Our daughter and five grandchildren live in Fairfield. It's a small world.

You did a great job on all of these but my favorites are the cups and your take on park!

Happy hunting next week and I am definitely going to follow your blog!

Laloofah said...

Before I begin...

GO PATRIOTS!!!! (Both because they're one of my two favorite teams, and because I want them to wreak vengeance on the Ravens for beating my other favorite team last week!) :-)

There, now that I've gotten that out of my system...

Ya gotta love a day of Yays. :-) Hope you and Tula had a great run on the beach. Our girls have been on some marathon walks lately during lots of balmy weather, so we're all staying in and lazy on this cold, windy, overcast day.

So now you've armed with an iPhone too! That's perfect for you, you'll have a camera wherever you go and never miss a photo op. I'm always impressed with the quality of their photos. The No Parking pic has a lovely quality of simplicity and tranquility, I really like it. And love that sunburst!

Ugh, styrofoam cups - boo! But yay you for enlightening your dad about replacing them with something planet-friendly. (I always detested the feel of styrofoam and refused to drink from cups made of it).

If the backdrop of your "big city" photo were the Green Elephant, I'd be drooling on my keyboard right now! :-)

Enjoy the game (and your red wine!) :-)

Kathryn said...

I just got myself a smartphone but haven't really explored the phone on it yet . . . I'm sure I'll love it once I get the hang of it but I feel reluctant to put down my big girl camera.

Love the parking shot and the perspective, gorgeous.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Ahem, there is not such thing as 'too much' yay.

Snow? What's that?

I love that building.

Friday, I made a trip to the BIG city (NYC) for a motorcycle show and it was pretty cool. I'd like to go back and take boatload of pix. I happened to meet Mike Wolfe (American Pickers) and posted of us on my blog :-)

Carla Hutchins said...

Loving your very first basket shot and the park shot. Great job!

Nicki said...

Like minds and all - fabulous, no, genus shots those first two. (wink, wink) I think your iphone / sunflare shot is great as well.

Kay L. Davies said...

Love your shots, Susan, especially the virgin basketball net. It won't stay that bright white for long after Spring arrives!
K

Jess said...

I really like that street shot, it's so simple and yet so busy all at once.

TheChieftess said...

Haha!!! I enjoyed your interpretations!!! I had a glass of red wine around 6...and I think the game was on...does that count???

Cathy H. said...

Once again some wonderful interpretations!! I love the flare in the self-portrait; beautiful shot of you! Also love the basket POV and the last one is a great street scene!

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, love the shots. So these were taken with your phone? Not sure if I read that correctly. I guess I am not seeing correctly today either; I thought the no parking sign was on the side of a building and you were looking UP at it until I went back and looked again.........ohh, it is on a pier or dock. Wow, sometimes my perception is way off. Love the sytrofoam cup shot but watch out about questioning your Dad's use of these because he might put out glass cups and designate you the dishwasher......:) Happy Day!