Pages

Followers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Project 52

Linking with Tamar and Gina for Project 52.  6 for 6, right Tamar?






Another's Ideal
Another's Ideal


If I think about the last week, all I can really remember is snow, snow, and more damn snow.  This is the view from the rear of my house into the back yard.  Maybe if I think that in 4 months I'll be gliding around on my orange Husqvarna mower smelling the freshly cut grass.....Perhaps my imagination is not quite that good.


Five-Thirty a.m. 159/365
Five-Thirty a.m. 159/365


This was how it all started on Friday morning.  I was cruising down Main Street.  I am happy that I was able to get to the gym for spinning class though.


Open Field
Open Field


Truth is, earlier in the week it was sunny.  And in some areas, especially near beaches where the salt air helps out, there were places it seemed like winter was disappearing.



Afternoon
Afternoon

Yes it was cold, but I took a walk along this boardwalk in the sun with no snow in sight.


Beach in Winter BW 156/365
Beach in Winter BW 156/365


The boardwalk leads to this beach.  NO one else on it.  That's a big part of the joy in going to the beach in the off season.  Not great for swimming or tanning however.


Old Truck 158/365
Old Truck 158/365


The day before Nemo visited was sunny....and I found this cool old truck parked in front of a barn.  Not much snow around there either.


See?  I'm forgetting all this.


Snowshoe
Snowshoe

The day after the snow, I went out to try to find some beauty.....and look.  Here's a woman who likely LOVES the snow.   I will tell you, back about 15 feet closer to the woods she was really struggling thru a drift at least waist deep.  Maybe she looks happy because she can see the end of her walk coming.


Back on the Beach
Back on the Beach


I also went for a walk with Tula on the beach.  She is finally able to run again after a long struggle back from leg surgery she had in July.  (She was totally smiling while she was running) On the beach you'd hardly know it had snowed.  This is where I need to hang out.


All and all, it was a mixed bag this week, it wasn't just snow, snow, and more damn snow.....


Plow Guy
Plow Guy


....even though it seems that way.


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week.

10 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oh snow, snow, snow! We thought alike on Friday morning. I slept in (yay prelim snow day) and then hit the gym before the main event started!

gina said...

Susan, I have to say your photos do undermine your assertion of snow, snow, snow! I love winter beach pix -- the composition in Tula's beach image is terrific! What a wonderful old truck, classic color -- it looks like a summer day. Hope you're all dug out and it will be an easy week!

martinealison said...

Merci de partager avec nous ces très belles photos...
J'aime également les mots qui accompagnent ces photos.
Je ne suis pas une adepte de la neige et du froid, mais je suis admirative par la manière dont vous en parlez.
gros bisous à vous.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Love. love, love the beach shot! I'm glad to hear you survived intact.

I so need to hit the gym to relieve stress. 70+ hours/week and we're still not getting ahead :-(

Carol Blackburn said...

Be of good cheer my friend, Spring is just around the corner....yea, covered with snow! I am longing for the smell of grass and flowers too. I don't care if it comes with bees and hornets, I'll take it. Keep the faith! Wishing you a wonderful week.

Kathryn said...

Sounds like both of us are wishing for Spring to appear. I can totally see Tula smiling. :0)

Brenda said...

Well, your week started out pretty darn good - all that sunshine and the snow disappearing. Guess nature had the last laugh though, huh? Adore your beach shots - I can see why you love heading there in the off-season. Love the turquoise truck - so bright and cheery in the sunshine. Hope the snow pile-ups melt quickly.

seabluelee said...

Snow is the price you pay for getting to walk those beautiful Maine beaches in the off season. It has the side benefit of providing you with wonderful subjects for your camera! I love the composition of that first shot, but wow, it's really coming down! So many of these at my heart. Empty fields, boardwalks and beaches...that's my kind of place.

packmom said...

I can see your dog smiling on that beach. How wonderful he's walking and running again. Amazing snow photos but glad you were able to escape the snow at times and get some sunny shots as well.

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. said...

The snow is beautiful. It's won't be long before spring is here. I know it's hard to think that way at the moment- but it will soon be warm.