Pages

Followers

Monday, February 18, 2013

Random P 52

Linking with Gina and Tamar for this week's Project 52.   If you've not tried linking up for fear's sake, this would be a great place to start.  Free range on topics and really nice participants willing to share the love.



I think my life is just work, work, work broken up with unexpected random moments.  Like Tamar says Randomosity.


 

Unbalanced 166/365
Unbalanced 166/365


I remember the first time I took a photo of a door knob.  The sun was hitting it just right so, I snapped....the camera.  Later I showed the shot to my mother and she couldn't wrap her head around why I chose that subject.  I think she's learned to just go with the Susan flow now.

I don't seek out door knobs, but I have 4 or 5 in my archives.  Here's one I found this week.  I don't know that this shot has anything to do with the doorknob, in fact, I'm not sure what it's about at all.  I'll have to ponder that later.


Upholstery Shop
Upholstery Shop

I don't know why I took this image either.  Chair in a window?  Yah.


Cash Credit and iphone
Cash, Credit and iPhone

Necessities.  I know why I took this one.  Because I looked down and the light was bouncing off the corner of that twenty I just snagged from the ATM and the lone dollar which was all that was left at the end of the week.


All these shots are punctuated by the sun.  That's the tie that binds them.  That and I took them during the last week between work, work, work.

16 comments:

Tamar SB said...

These are awesome! I love door knob shots!

Stay warm out there today. My poor apt is trying to keep warm!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

The door is awesome, love the lighting, textures, and shadows.

Sarah Carletti said...

That's what I love about photography. It can be anything that captures you. I took a doorknob picture this week. :)

Pride In Photos said...

Oh my...I love the last image with the money hanging out...very cool.

Kathy said...

Beauty AND "interest" are in the eye of the beholder. Luckiily I "behold" much of what you do. Love that doorknob!

Brenda said...

Who can resist great light, regardless of subject? I love your doorknobs. And I completely understand about mothers not understanding our photographic subjects. Mine is slightly quizzical as my choices as well. Oh, well - if we can't continue to surprise our own parents, who can we surprise?

Lisa Gordon said...

LOVE that doorknob, Susan!

Kathryn said...

The door knob image speaks to me too. There's something about the contrast of the light on one side of the door and darkness on the other and the light of the far window that draws you in. As for mothers . . . I guess their job is to love us not necessarily 'get' us right? :0)

packmom said...

Love that old door. So cool!

Bi Ti said...

Beautiful shots, my favorite is the door knob too.

Visiting from pret-a-vivre.com
Have a great week.

Rosie Grey said...

Such a wonderful collection, Susan, and I just LOVE that door knob photo - it's absolutely fantastic!
Have a great week!

Justine said...

lovely shots, this looks like a fun project

Deanna said...

I do love that old door knob, and I understand about the Mom thing. But it's good to know she now just goes with the flow. Don't work so hard!!

TheChieftess said...

Great shots!!! You must carry your camera with you at all times!!!

seabluelee said...

Unbalanced looks balanced to me. You have captured the yin and yang of doorknobs. Love that shot! The light is wonderful in all of these. But wait - you have an iPhone?? Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until toothpick insеrted in cеnter comes out clean.

Afteг уou've got the crust rolled out, transfer it to your pan or pizza stone. Cover pizza with the sausage, bacon and scrambled eggs.

Here is my blog pizza pan alexandria