Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Scavenger Pot Luck

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday




Selfie BW
Selfie BW


 "Hi my name is Susan and I am a computeroholic."  I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem. 

Since last Tuesday I've had a broken down hard drive. This has been eye opening to me. "The guy" has my computer this weekend and I'm hoping to get a cheerful call first thing tomorrow morning with good news.

I've jumped on OPC (other people's computers) here and there and accessed my email with my iPhone, but it's been a challenge.  The most difficult things: no access to my archives, ability to upload photos to really see them, or to connect with Flickr friends.  And the worst is the creative outlet that Photoshop is for me.  My being is super overdue for some creative release.

I totally am a computeroholic.



So that admitted, this week is a bit of a hodge-podge.  I have a couple that I can squeeze into the list, but I'm going to have to dip into some of my old Flickr pics to fill the topics.  Whatever it takes.  I can NOT miss the Scavenger.



Asparagus
Asparagus

Time to Eat:  I should have taken a pic of something you can put ketchup on.


Cast Offs
Cast Offs

Getting Ready:  These are warming to get ready for the next round of snow (which is happening today).


Gooses Wild
Gooses Wild

Playtime:  This was my grandmother's.  My most fave to play with her.  A counting game where you move your chips around according to the dice you throw.  But, if you land on a goose, you get to advance by the same number again.  AND if you hit it just right your chip will go from goose to goose all the way to the middle.  Before she passed I asked if I could have it.  I'm looking forward to playing with my niece and nephew when they're a bit older.
Grandmothers are just the best.


Making Lemonade
Making Lemonade

Sweet Dreams:  This is a dreamy picture, isn't it?  Chilly but dreamy.  Amazing how your garage door can help you out.



Afternoon Wash
Afternoon Wash

Scrub a Dub:  Action shot of the little miss getting it done.


You know what?  These are all pretty current shots.  The oldest is that last one and it's from early January.  Good job me.

Appreciating your visit and acceptance of my comptueroholicism.  Wishing you a happy day. If you'd like to come by my place and shovel, you're more than welcome too.

16 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Good mornin' Susan, the snow is so pretty (said from my warm kitchen, sitting in my warm fluffy robe): I hope you get your computer back soon. Cheer up it's almost March and Spring is just around the corner.

Linda R said...

Your post has me smiling this morning. I just love your selfie shot. I have that same addiction. Can't seem to get that monkey off my back. You can't put ketchup on asparagus??? Love the sweet little kitty shot.

Hugs~

Tamar SB said...

Hope the news from "thy guy" is good!

I see something green in that pot - I say you can put ketchup on that! Love the flakes, we're just getting cold rain right now...dreary day.

Stephanie said...

I can really sympathize with you over your computer problems. II can't stand to not be
"connected". You have such pretty frost where you are. It looks painted on. Nice job this week, even though you were at a disadvantage.

martinealison said...

J'espère que vous retrouverez très vite votre ordinateur... Je sens que mon pc va bientôt lui aussi me faire une mauvaise farce dans quelque temps!
Merci pour ce partage de belles photos, j'aime particulièrement celle du petit chat.
Gros bisous

Debbie said...

a great and very fun set!!

sweet dreams is my favorite!!

Lea said...

Really great!
Love the kitty photo, and it is wonderful to have your grandmother's game with all its memories!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Anita Johnson said...

I love my computer and problems can make me crazy...such a nice thing when they work right. I really like your self portrait. I tried taking a few last week, but trying to add our dog Bugsy made it impossible. The B and W was perfect for your shot.

Lisa Gordon said...

Good job indeed,and thank you for the smiles, Susan!
Sure hope you get some good news tomorrow, about your computer

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Love the Afternoon Wash, the motion is wonderful.

Nicki said...

Recognizing the problem is a good first step indeed. When our hard drive bit the dust a couple of years ago I paced the floor, chewed my nails, and cursed a lot (more). Seriously - it is embarrassing how tied I am to the main computer. I feel your pain. Drinking helps!

These are fantastic pictures with a delightful selfie to a perfectly captured kitty bath.

seabluelee said...

I love this B&W selfie. As for the asparagus, the idea of ketchup is gross...but mayo is another story. And Making Lemonade? Great title that tells a whole story. It's a beautiful photo, too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get that happy phone call tomorrow about your computer. I know how much I miss mine when I go on vacation, so I guess I'm a fellow member of Computerholics Anonymous. Oops, not so anonymous anymore. Happy Sunday!

Brenda said...

Oh, I completely understand. I spend way too much time sitting in front of this screen. I hope you get things fixed soon. Quite a great set, considering you were computer-challenged this week. Love your BW selfie and the frost patterns.

Kathy said...

I'm surprised I haven't seen you at my computer 12-step program meeting :)

Leanne Barnett said...

Love your sweet dreams snow flake shot. So pretty.

Laloofah said...

I got a real chuckle out of your opening paragraph and photo on this. You do look like a woman experiencing grim deprivation, and I totally understand. Solidarity, Sister! (We can laugh about it now that your beloved is back, safe and sound and computing again!) :-) You did a great job on this post, greater still that it was done under duress.

Though I've never eaten asparagus with ketchup, I see no reason why you couldn't. Thanks for reminding me I need to get some, for it's definitely asparagus season. (Plus I've had my eye on this recipe for Asparagus Pesto Pasta Salad for a while now! Nice cooking pot, btw!

While a bathing Princess will always steal the show (and the tabloid front page, lol), my favorites in this batch are the Gooses Wild game and the beautiful frost (Jack outdid himself!) :-) What a fun memory and colorful game board! I've never played that game, but it sounds fun. How pleased your grandmother would be to see this!