Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snowy Scavenger

Linking with Ashley today for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Thank you hostess.




I am super crab-bee today.  Because yesterday we got ham-mered with nearly 3 feet of snow.  Which means once it's all piled up and such well......



Over Shoulder High BW
Over Shoulder High BW

If you stop by my blog enough, you have surely heard me bitch and moan complain about winter (often).  So if there's any edge to my charming personality today, there's a reason.



No Romance
No Romance

Small Things:  Here's a before and after for you.  My mailbox is just a little hole where bills can be stashed in the middle of a snowbank.  BTW, understandably the post office did not deliver yesterday.


Etch a Sketch
Etch a Sketch

Illustration:  I never had one of these and always wanted one.  My cousins had one and from time to time I'd get to try it.  Waiting room in the DRs office had one.


Don't Take My Picture
Don't Take My Picture

Valentine:  Here's my little valentine out in the snow with me.  She likes to "help" shovel.  Of course she's afraid of the shovel, along with the camera, and plastic bags, and the vacuum cleaner, and the heavy truck back up noise, and the refrigerator door.  I'll stop.  Rescue dog.  Cute tho.


Night Fear 155/365
Night Fear 155/365

Work of Art:  I think I'm a little bored of the same ol' same ol' so when there's time I've been playing around on Photoshop.  This is kind of creepy cool.  I suppose it's not for everyone, but I do like it.
I hope I didn't scare her legit.


Closed
Closed

Window Beauty:  I love windows-I think it might be hard to find one that doesn't have some beauty about it.  Need to go back to this place when it's open.  They have wine.  Not only that, it's fine wine.  Wow.



Trying to think of something positive to say about the snowy weather.  I didn't have to go to the office on Friday.  I watched a couple episodes of Downton Abbey season 2 and Slum Dog Millionaire.  There was a shoveling induced nap.  And I treated myself to wine for dinner.   Aside from that.  Blech!  But....the sun is out today.

Hope you have a wonderful sunny warm day.  Thanks for stopping by  Happy Snowy No Ears.

18 comments:

Lea said...

Love the dog! Rescues are the best.
Thunderstorms with heavy rain here today.
Spring will come!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Deanna said...

what a cute dog, however he definitely has some issues to work out...hee hee!! And at least you didn't get any bills on Saturday..that was one good thing from all your snow. And wine, Downton Abbey, and Slumdog Millionaire and a nap...pretty nice!!

Tamar SB said...

There sure is a little snow out there! I have a picture of all the mail trucks snowed in behind really tall snow banks! I'm hoping for another snow day, considering my street is barely passable!

Susan said...

Yeah, great finds other Susan! I hope you didn't scare that woman too, nice processing. I'm rather sad that we'll no longer get Saturday mail in August (even if it is mostly bills). I guess the snow is giving you a preview of what's to come.

Do enjoy the fluffy stuff for me. We had frost this am, but nothing as spectacular as what's happening in your 'neck of the woods'.

DrillerAA09 said...

Love this photo set. The last three captures are just wonderful. Nicely done.

Brooke said...

Oh dear. You poor thing! ! That is one heckofa snow storm. Hang in there, Friend. There has got ta be some good photo ops out of it... right?!?

Leanne Barnett said...

That snow! Love the shot of your dog- she is very cute & I always wanted an etch a sketch too.

gina said...

Happy snow to you! I know it's so disruptive, but it is beautiful to see. I love your portrait of your sweet doggie and your mailbox images make a good point. They're still making etch-a-sketches -- amazing!

TheChieftess said...

3 feet...yuck!!! I feel your pain...er...cold!!

We don't even have street side mail service! We have to go to the post office to pick up our mail...so much for...

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Great set. I love creepy cool! Your valentine is adorable! Happy week. Keep warm.

Cathy H. said...

I'm so sorry you don't like the snow! Maybe you could enjoy it a little bit for me? Although, I don't want that much snow!! I like your scary artsy shot! It looks like it would make a great book cover for a murder mystery! :) Fantastic set of images again this week! Enjoy your week and I hope the sunshine lifts your spirits, or wine?

Stephanie said...

I'm not happy about the snow either, but I did enjoy staying in all day Saturday. We don't have a mailbox at our house so one less thing to shovel out. No delivery this week on Sat -- get used to it since it will soon end forever. Dog is adorable.

Deborah Tisch said...

No matter how deep the snow or how much it drives you to distraction...I'm so glad you have a camera so you can share the high points of your life. :-)

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Yikes, that's a lot of shoveling. One of my co-workers and his son spent 2.5 hours shoveling themselves out. On the plus side, a day off is nice, I worked all weekend and didn't get to take any photos :-(

Kathryn said...

Love that night fear image . . . definitely creepy cool which is just up my street.

You guys got hammered with the snow, the pic of Tula made me smile. Hope you're back's not too sore from all that shovelling and that you're staying warm and safe.

Used to have an etch a sketch as a kid. I used to get frustrated that it wouldn't do what I wanted it to or I'd accidently knock it and it would delete what I'd done.

Carol Blackburn said...

Cheer up Susan, it gets better from here on out. We are sledding downhill toward that sunny place called Summer. So we fall off the sled from time to time, we get back on and keep turning the calendar pages one by one along our way. Wonderful shots. What did you do to tick Tula off?????
I bet you shoveled a nice section of yard for her to go out and do her business in. Don't all dog lovers? Have a wonderful week. Maybe it'll rain today instead of snow.

Brenda said...

Glad to know you are safe - if very understandably crabby. Love your helpful shovel buddy. And your Photoshop playing - Night Fear does have a real sense of frightening peril. Will be thinking of you as you dig out.

seabluelee said...

Yeah, what Cathy H. said about the creepy night shot! I'd buy that book. Great set for SHS! Stay safe and warm, my friend, and have some pizza with that wine!