Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Means Scavenge

Linking with Ashley for the weekly addiction.  Scavenger Hunt Sunday. 




Reading Room BW
Reading Room BW

Hidden:  OK, here's a little story.  So I'm in the library reading room, trying to find something interesting to take a picture of.  Fireplace, fireplace tools, windows, stackable chairs, magazine covers....and then I see this woman behind her newspaper.  Bam!  Each time she turns the page, pretend to be taking one of the ceiling or something.
Well on one of those turns I realize she's a new client of mine-met her earlier this week at the office.  Yikes.  She says "what are you taking pictures of?"....busted!


Be Prepared
Be Prepared

Plain:  But the good news was....I had some plain photos including this one to show her, from when I was on the other side of the library .  Phew.  Oh yes, plain.  Working to turn a plain subject such as erasers into something worthy.  Half success here I suppose.  I'm dazzling you with clever text.  : )


Five Cents BW
Five Cents BW

Left: ....in a parking garage.  Why do I take photos of these things?  No clue.


Snow Tires BW 148/365
Snow Tires 148/365

Fast:  Just a guess, but I'm thinking this woman is picking up the pace as the snow starts falling. 
Bike. Snow.  Not a match.


Windy 151/365
Windy 151/365

Peace:  I got nothing quirky to say about this.  Despite really strong winds, these tall grasses give a sense of peace.



That's it for scavenging around this week.  Great topics.  Love when my mind can bend around interpretations.  I suppose that's code for stretch.  Have a lovely day.  BTW, I'm taking the Ravens only because the other guy is taking the Niners.  Big ol' 50 cents on the line.

20 comments:

Deanna said...

you gave me a good giggle and I really like the woman (aka new client) reading the newspaper. In fact, I like all of you images this week and your clever text!!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I get busted all the time taking pics of people. Love all the pics and I especially love the prose. You have an active and witty mind I think.

cmoh said...

Wow your photo's are amazing and your writing is wonderful! My favorite is your 'left' for a number of reasons, imagine the story behind it, the true litterer story, but your photo gives it a hole new much more exciting story. It's wonderful how photo's end up telling so many stories. You have great interpretations.

Mr. Glitter Tart is my husband, and the poor man has to be checked before he leaves the house ever morning to make sure that he dosn't have some sort of glitter on him. I use the stuff daily and now with 2 little girls he is doomed.

Thanks for your kind comment on my blog

Hugs
Caroline

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Great set!! Love the hidden, and the story. Too funny!! Have a blessed Sunday.

Brenda said...

Love to follow the stretching and bending of your mend. Great story about the library reading room. I'll have you know, I was politely told that photographs weren't permitted when I attempted such at my local library.

And I completely understand why you took the photo of the bottle in the parking garage. Because of the light and the reflections and the textures of the glass on concrete. Because its cool. Especially in BW. Love that down-low perspective of the grasses, blowing in the wind.

Tamar SB said...

Bravo on hidden, bravo!! Love the bike on the snowy streets, so calm and pretty!

Tamar SB said...

Bravo on hidden, bravo!! Love the bike on the snowy streets, so calm and pretty!

Kathryn said...

Love your scavenger hunts . . . it's always interesting to see what you come up with.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

We take pictures like that because we see the beauty in the subject :-)

I really like the reading room shot, especially the mood of the monochrome.

Stephanie said...

People in town are talking about a strange person lurking in the library. Hope they don't revoke your library card. It's a great story and picture though but I do love the pencils. When I look for things to shoot I always ask myself " what would Susan find here?".

Nicki said...

Enjoyable pictures and commentary. Some very good black/whites.

Deborah Tisch said...

That empty bottle. Why do we take photos of things like this? Because we know there is a story in there somewhere. At least that is what works for me.

All excellent images, of course. That grass blowing in the wind is lovely.

Carol Blackburn said...

Susan, you did great getting these pics. You know sometimes it fun to stand so that it looks like you are taking a pic in the other direction and get your intended target in your shot on the edge then when you put it on your computer you can crop it and get your shot. A bit tricky, I know but sometimes worth the effort.
Have a great week, don't work too hard. Remember to play some too!
:)

Cathy H. said...

I always love to come over here and see how you interpreted the prompts and, once again you've aced them!! I love the library shot! I just don't have the nerve, I need to keep working on that!

Brooke said...

That is too funny! I can't believe you knew the hidden woman. What are the chances. I love the bottle one and the great shot of the grasses. The composition makes it! A wonderful set this week :D Kudos

Justine said...

excellent work and I love your black and whites especially

Sarah Carletti said...

Lovely shots. I love the pencil picture and the wheat!

Susan said...

Congrats on the 50 cents! Love your 5 cent picture too, I'm glad you stop to take pictures of such things. (all wonderful finds) Happy Monday to you!

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful photos and I enjoyed your chatter about each one. And by the way, sometimes - often, actually, - I wonder why I take photos of what I do. I guess we see something special in so many places.

seabluelee said...

Love ALL of these this week! That first one is great...ah, the joys of small-town living, hm? :-)