Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine Flavored Scavenger


Linking with Ashley for my Sunday routine.  Gym, grocery, breakfast, coffee in my favorite mug, and then Scavenger Hunt Sunday.


You're going to have to stretch and stretch with me this week.  I've stepped way outside the SHS box.  I stand by my actions though.  I am not ashamed.



Breakfast Treat
Breakfast Treat

Candy:  I know.  Those are berries not candies.  I've been watching my food/diet since around Halloween time.  There has been no candy.  Not even once. Not even a teeny-tiny taste.  My nutritionist is awesome and there's plenty of great things to eat, but the very first week he said "no junk".  So, no junk.  Is ice cream junk?  It's the thing I miss the most.


Red Truck
Red Truck

Pink or Red:  How romantic.  An old red truck.


Hearts on Sale
Hearts on Sale

Love:  Who doesn't love a sale?



Adoration BW
Adoration BW

Kisses:  With that whole "no junk" thing, there shall be no Hershey's kisses images.  This isn't a kiss, but it's the closest thing to one I have.  Our affection runs both directions...except when one of us wakes the other up-and that seems to occur at opposite points in the daily/nightly 24 hour cycle.  It's amazing how persistent this little girl is at 2:45 a.m.
BTW...cat kisses are yucky.  I'm glad she doesn't hand them out much.


Jen BW
Jen BW

Smile:  This is my friend Jen.  She teaches spinning at the local gym.  I don't know why I like her so much as she "kicks my ass" every time.  Maybe it's that smile and her good nature that saves her from "the list".
I normally don't do portrait type shots, but she wanted one for her husband to give as a Valentine present.  How could I say no?  She was happy and I was happy to have had some practice.  Lots to learn, but....you have to start somewhere.



And that concludes another stretchy week out on the SHS trail.   Hope you have a great day.  I've got more snow so Tula and I will be out shoveling.  Only one of us will be happy about that.

16 comments:

Jessica said...

Great shots, and I don't think they are too "stretchy". I've stretched waaaay more than that in weeks past. :) Great smile shot, I'm sure her husband will love it!

Tamar SB said...

No junk - good for you! I limit junk (my pantry looks to a normal person like I haven't shopped in ages, but it's just junk free!)

You getting snow today? My plans have been sidelined by the conditions )-:

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Great set! Your friend has a beuatiful smile. Happy week!

Linda R said...

Lots of great shots this week. I can never get my kitty to give me a kiss. Love the blur on that photo. And your friends portrait shot looks fabulous. Well done my friend.

Kathryn said...

I went on my first diet ever this January (weight watchers) and fell off the band wagon a few times now. I'm a candy fiend and sugar addict so it's hard. Going to try again tomorrow. I get nose nuzzles from our cats, they are the best unless they've just eaten something stinky like tuna!

Kimberly said...

Love the strawberry "candy" shot! They look soooo good! Now I'm craving strawberries! :) Love the portrait of your friend. You did a great job!

Cathy H. said...

Excellent job with this weeks prompts! I love your "candy" and the red truck!! The portrait of your friend is beautiful!! Have a happy week!

Susan said...

Nice finds, and great job on the no sweets! That's a hard one to accomplish. :-)

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I've never heard of anyone ever refer to a spinning instructor as 'friend' ;-) Lovely portrait.

No junk since Halloween, you are GOOD. I'd never make a week.

DrillerAA09 said...

Very nice photo set. It is amazing how people have responded to this weeks prompts.

Norma Ruttan said...

well, my no sweets started on Ash Wednesday; first time ever I'm having such a hard time giving up sweets! I'm not an expert, but I think Jen's hubby will appreciate your portrait shot.
Does a cat licking my chin or hand count as a kiss?
wishes for a blessed week for you!

Nicki said...

I think you did very well and not too far out of the box at all (at least not worthy of a scolding or anything). We curb the 'junk' and only allow it in if it is less than 2 grams of fat. (with a growing teen it is more challenging to cut it all out - but he is wonderful about keeping to a healthier diet).

BTW - you did a beautiful job on Jen's portrait and I'm totally feeling the blur of the Kisses shot.

Stephanie said...

Your photos this week and good fits for the prompts. I've seen you really stretch a lot more than that other weeks but no matter, your photos and posts are always very entertaining. You are making me feel guilty though about junk food and lack of exercise.

Brenda said...

Hey - I'll accept whatever stretches you want to take. And yes, strawberries are definitely "candy". I've given up (most) sugar as well - still have my daily dose of dark chocolate but everyone knows it is GOOD for you. Beautiful portrait of your friend. Another great set!

seabluelee said...

Those berries look better than candy. (yeah, I'm afraid ice cream qualifies as junk, since the healthy dairy is offset by all that sugar.) I love Love (very clever) and I adore Adoration! And your portrait of Jen is really lovely. I'll bet her husband was pleased. Great set as always! XO

Brooke said...

Great set! I love your love sign.... your cute kitty kisses.... and your friends lovely smile. (I blew off the hunt.... bad bad bad!)