Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 24, 2013

March Madness Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.



Ooooh yes, lots of basketball.  My $5 is on the line.  Fessing up; my $5 is long gone, but I love tournament time anyway.  I love football, and March Madness.  I can and do skip any other sporting events.  Football is a doorway to fall, and I guess March Madness is a doorway to spring, though that hasn't really happened around here yet.

My set feels really bland this week.  Too much white snow around.  I need me some COLOR.

 
 



Vegetable Spring Roll
Vegetable Spring Roll
 
Asian:  Yum.  (OK, this was 2 years ago, but I remember how delicious it was....it's the only Asian I got).
 

Yellow Farmhouse
Yellow Farmhouse
  
Wavy:  Snow shoe trail up the hill.
 
 
 
Finding Inspiration
Finding Inspiration
 
Draw:  An artist taking in a diffused sundown, sketching her inspiration.
 
 

Another Snowy Day BW
Another Snowy Day BW
 
Soft:  I suppose all that snow looks soft.  Later in the day it became snowman/snowball (and very heavy to shovel) wet snow.  We received-that sounds like a gift-another 10" of snow this past week.  I can't take it anymore.
 
 
 

The Locker BW
The Locker BW
 
Texture:  Lots of subtle textures on this door.  If you don't know who Davy Jones is....Google it.  Whoever put this sign here has a sense of humor.
 
 
And that's it for the March Madness edition of the SHS.  Looking forward to watching more games today.  Hopefully there will be something left of my brackets that are nearly entirely shredded at this point.  Have a fabulous day and please send me some "lamb".  The stinkin' lion has had much more than his share of this month.
 
 
 

20 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the composition of that last image.

Jean said...

yum! you're making me want to cook a batch of egg rolls!

wow, i love just about anything farm related and that house is gorgeous! love the wavy snow shoe trail! ;)

Brenda said...

Yes, lots of white stuff in this scavenger collection - I feel for you! Would send you some "lamb" if I had any. Love that you made the most of your snowy scenery - love the textures of Davy Jones' locker.

Deanna said...

Oh yeah...if you find that lamb send it my way. Love that artist pulled off the side of the road...artists ya gotta love'um. That is a pretty darn fancy yellow farmhouse, love that you captured the wavy in that image.

Justine said...

fabulous set of shots. Don't know what is going on with your flickr, did you sort it out? they probably want you to pay for pro if you haven't already.

TheChieftess said...

Love your choices this week!!! I applaud the artist in the cold, snowy weather!!! That's one nice thing about photography...it's a bit faster than drawing or painting a snow scene!!!

Laloofah said...

Funny, the idea of spring rolls popped unbidden into my head last last week and I thought, "I must make some!" and put those spring roll rice wrapper sheets on my shopping list. I love them (though don't remember ever eating them fried), but have never made them before. Then seeing them on your blog made me find a recipe, and now I can't get the craving for them outta my head! Guess I'll be needing to hit the grocery store soon!

That yellow farmhouse is HUGE! I don't recognize it, can't even picture where it might be.

That's a dedicated artist, and the person who put Davy Jones' name on that locker is witty indeed, but so's the person who noticed and photographed it. :-)

Poor you, old man Winter seems to have turned into a stalker! You know that saying, "What you resist, persists?" Maybe you need to at least pretend to love winter and snow, and then he'll go away! Meanwhile, enjoy your March Madness - hope your team wins! :-)

Jackie/Jake said...

I just love your interpretations for this week's hunt!! I'm off to check out some more.

Nancy said...

All the shots are great but my favorite is the yellow farm house with the wavy tracks going up the hill.....Beautiful shot....

Nicki said...

Well I'm game - was half expecting ball related pictures - but definitely got a chuckle out of Davy Jones' 'locker'. That is a gorgeous yellow farm house with a very neat and wavy trail. Hope you thaw out soon.

abrianna said...

I too love the yellow farmhouse picture. The lovely yellow against the snow...beuatiful.

Stephanie said...

What a super door you found. Great shot for draw and the spring roll looks delish. I've had enough snow too.

seabluelee said...

Sigh. I get homesick every time I see that yellow house. I've never been there in the snow - it's beautiful.

Kay L. Davies said...

Love Davy Jones's locker, Susan, and the snowshoe trail. Of course, spring rolls are always in season!
K

Cathy H. said...

I know you're tired of all the snow, but you sure know how to make snow beautiful in your images! So cool that you spotted the artist sketching in the snow!
We lost our spring this week and it's back to very cold, windy, damp, weather!!

Deborah Tisch said...

I feel your pain about that wintery stuff. We have snow on the way as we speak, and I'm not too happy about it. But, like my camera buddy here says, maybe we can get images of snow on spring flowers like crocus. Gotta look at the bright side.

Love that humor with the Locker...

Kathy McB said...

Totally with ya on the whole lack of color in our worlds :(. Honestly the ONLY basketball I like is March Madness.

Linda R said...

That spring roll look pretty tasty. And that texture shot has me smiling..

Sarah Huizenga said...

I would be hard pressed to come up with something Asian as well. Love the yellow farmhouse and the texture on the door. Texture always gets me.

Kathryn said...

Oooh you tease, that spring roll looks delicious. Sounds like you are as fed up of the snow as I am. We're getting a good coating here today. Still you managed to get some great shots.