Pages

Followers

Friday, March 1, 2013

Photo Heart for Heart Month

Linking with Kat for the Photo Heart Connection.






Checking through February's "stuff" for the most heart connected image.  I like how the button says, "a monthly practice".  I'm just going to mull that over a bit.  Practice.  Hmmmm.  I shall keep those musing to myself, lest I fill the page with blabbering on and really, I've still got stuff to do today.  But practice is one of those words that makes you think.


OK, here's the winner.  I've even shocked myself.


Yesterday
Yesterday


Don't know.  Just like it.  It's a hate-love relationship.  Hate the snow; love the image?  That might work.  Well it's my heart and my connection, so yes, it's a hate-love vs. a love-hate.  Just like spinning class.  Hate it on the way in; love it on the way out.  There's a little hate that lingers on tight muscles which I blame on STEVEN each time they hurt throughout the day.  Poor Steve, he has no idea that I curse him for a whole day after class.

And I curse the snow.  Often.  Daily.  Continually in a on-going way as it falls, and messes and depresses me.  And it has been a trying February even for skiers and snow enthusiasts.  It has been a trying month for me.


But....I like this photo.  It reminds me of what I've been through.

Mainly I like the more technical parts of the image.  The way that I noticed the dark trees on my street between the house at number 38 and the one at 36 would make a good contrast with the white snow.  I was just walking Tula around the block...there weren't a whole lot of photo "ops". 

I like that I chose to blur the trees and caught just a touch of snow in focus.  I like remembering that I soldiered on, wrapping my camera in a plastic bag that held asparagus from the grocery a few days before....just to get out there and get my photo for the day-and get the dog walked too.  It was a two-fer.

I like the title I chose which now holds a different meaning than it did the day "after" when I processed it.  Maybe that title is about more than a day. Maybe it is about a season, or a chapter or maybe something even way more profound that I can't possibly identify at this time.  It may be a moment of hindsight on foresight (or vice versa).....

.....or it may snow again next week.


That's my PHC for the month of February.  Thanks for your visit.  I shall keep practicing so I can check in next month....when perhaps the last of the snow will be melting into oblivion.  That would be awesome.

18 comments:

Rosemary Reflectionsofmyworld said...

having lived only on the texas coast snow is so rare here that I so enjoyed your perspective.

Kathryn said...

I always love how you describe your thoughts. I know what you mean about a hate-love and love-hate relationship. You made me laugh about the asparagus bag but you have to do what you have to do right.

Carol Blackburn said...

It's ok for a photographer or artist to practice. But I don't like the sounds of a doctor having a practice. I don't want him to practice, I want him to have experience. I know I'm crazy.....
just ignore this whole comment. OK?
Have a happy day!

martinealison said...

Je reste admirative...
Gros bisous

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Our weather summary for February indicated we had snow 13 days in Feb that amounted to less that 1".

Sarah Huizenga said...

Great photo and wonderful reflection. I know what you are talking about with Steven. We had a different yoga instructor for our Core and Calm class Thursday, which turned out to be all Core and no calm. We had a few not so nice thoughts about her after class, but I admit it was a great workout and I felt it in a good way on Friday.

Kat Sloma said...

What a gorgeous image, Susan. So soft and dreamy. I'm glad you could find something to love in the snow that is causing you to struggle so much. Yesterday, today, tomorrow... it all blends together when we back off on the focus, doesn't it? Thank you for sharing in the Photo-Heart Connection. Remember spring is coming! My heart connection this month told me so. Maybe so I could remind you!

Deborah Tisch said...

This image of falling snow is just lovely! Made even more special by the words you shared here. The part that gets my attention is that you got out there, Tula, plastic protector for the camera, and just got out there.

Sometimes for me it's hard to do that, but once I do I always seem to find something interesting.

I recently found out how hard it is to photograph falling snow. You'd think it would be simple, but not for this gal. You, on the other hand, did a great job! That dark background really brings out the snow.

http://vivhalliwell.com said...

We get little snow in my art of the world we just get grey . Congratulations on your resolve visiting from Photo Heart Connection

Paula said...

Such a lovely shot, almost like an impressionistic painting!

Brenda said...

Strong emotion - whether it is love or hate or a combination of the two - is the key to a strong photo-heart connection. And that certainly comes through with this image where you managed to create beauty from your nemisis. It does have a very impressionistic, painterly feel which is quite lovely. And all the more impressive because you made the opportunity - by having your camera (bagged and ready) and being open to what was presented to you.

Sarah said...

What a great, creative set! There is something about blurred lights that I am really attracted to, and your 'red' photo is no exception. Beautiful!

Sandra said...

I had to laugh at the asparagus bag from the grocers! Love the image with the blurred trees and the falling snowflakes giving that marvellous atmosphere that only falling snow can!
The dog was happy with the walk and that asparagus bag's status moved up a notch! Love the connection with your heart... and you thought you hated snow!

Maria Ontiveros said...

It is a lovely (technical) photo, and your writing is very evocative. You do such a great job conveying your feelings (I say with sore legs from a cross-fit class and long run!). I know exactly what you mean.
Rinda

Michele Matucheski said...

What a lovely texture photo! It looks like some of those shibori-dyed fabrics meant to look like trees. Except you used trees to start with. :) Nice way to connect with your local surroundings and the visual. Thanks for sharing!

seabluelee said...

You know, I'd never even noticed that the PHC button says "a monthly practice." Thanks for pointing that out. I will ponder that thought myself. As for your image, I'm a little shocked, too, knowing how you feel about snow and winter. But it is a gorgeous photograph. I love the faint hints of color in that almost black and white world. I find your title very poignant. Something else to ponder....

Jessica said...

It's a very evocative image. And a very good example of a good figure/ground relationship because of that dark forest and the light snow.

I"m not the biggest fan of snow either -- I like it a little bit for the photographic quality but then I hate the cold so it can be over as soon as possible for me. Luckily in Virginia we don't have to mess with it too much! : )

Cathy H. said...

I can't image what it feels like to have so much snow! I can see where after a while you would get horribly tired of it being around. I am glad you chose to share your snow and your thoughts with us. I will sit in my warm house with the sun shining and be fascinated with your gorgeous image of falling snow! I will also pray for an early spring for you!