Pages

Followers

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Project 52

Linking up with Tamar and Gina for P 52.  





Bottom Branches 182/365
Bottom Branches 182/365

I did a lot of catching up last week.  I had a backlog of photos that needed attention, so that's what sucked up most of my free time.  I'm in the middle of a 365-truly the middle.  I started on September 3rd, which is my birthday.  I thought it would be interesting to mark a year in my life. 

Bottom Branches was my 365 shot for March 3rd.

This is my 2nd 365.  Never missed a day on the last one, haven't missed a day on this one.  Sometimes that's really hard.  If you've never attempted one, you might give it a try.  Your images will definitely get better-practice, practice, practice-and the effort to push yourself thru yucky times likely builds character.  Or at least that's what my mother might say.


Solitude BW 170/365
Solitude 170/365


Sometimes the photo Gods work in your favor.


My Sweetest Friend 180/365
My Sweetest Friend 180/365

And sometimes, you need a friend to bail you out just before lights out....and those are the pics that either are surprisingly good, or like this one, sort of sub par.  But my little sweetheart did save the day (or night).


Hope your week was a good one.  Here we are in March.  DST coming this weekend.  I am soooooo psyched about that.  Thanks for your visit.

12 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

You are a trooper Susan. I started a 365 last year and failed, making it to only about 165 if I remember correctly. Keep up the beautiful work.

Tamar SB said...

You're doing it! Love the snowy beach fence. Part of my wants something from this mid-week storm and part of me wants nothing...

Kathryn said...

I wish I have the motivation to do a 365, I love the idea of recording a year of your life. Love the shot of Princess P, what a cutie. Solitude speaks to me too.

Sweepy said...

365?
I can't even do a 36 or even a 3.
Woof, methinks I'm getting too old for this, Susan.

I need a catnap
and gee I'm a dog!

seabluelee said...

I can't say I've really missed the snow this year, but I do miss the snowy photo ops. These examples are gorgeous. And Princess P is lovely...but I thought I was your sweetest friend! :-)
I admire your 365 x 2. I've thought of trying it, but I'm not sure I'd get very far. But I guess I'll never know if I never try.

TheChieftess said...

My hat's off to you to be able to stick to TAKING a photo a day!!! I have trouble enough just POSTING a photo a day!!!

Am I wrong in saying your kitty is my favorite pic today???

packmom said...

Such a sweet friend indeed! Love his whiskers in that shot.

Rosie Grey said...

Gorgeous shots, Susan! And may I say that I just want to reach into the screen to touch your sweet friend :-) so beautiful!

Kathy said...

Oh my, your sweetest friend looks like she is full of love and cuddling. Now go ahead and tell me it's all a facade and I'll be crushed! haha

Brenda said...

Yes, putting our "less-than-stellar" images out there, for all the world to see - that is definitely character-building. Because it is the slogging through, working with what we have, each day - that is what makes up this practice. (And, unlike you, I can't even claim perfection in any of my 365 Project attempts). I just know that the commitment is worth it - regardless of the images themselves.

Sarah Huizenga said...

I love that you started a 365 on your birthday, that is such a great idea. I have never been able to stick with a 365 project, maybe when I am taking less classes :)

Bi Ti said...

I love it! Our first party is on, we hope you can join us at
http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/03/ready-to-waltz-party-time.html

Have a beautiful weekend!