Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Scavenger Scavenger

Does not Easter, on the fun side, have the potential for a scavenger hunt for those eggs and yummies?  So this week the Scavenger Hunt Sunday falls on a noted Scavenger day.  At least that's how "Sue Cs It".




Just Water to Start
Just Water to Start
 
Water:  Sometimes it's water to finish too.  I think that's when the wait staff gets bummed.  Smaller tip when it's "only" water.  But, it's healthier.



Quiet Street
Quiet Street
 
Empty:  Well except for that guy.



At the Gym 207/365
At the Gym 207/365
 
Fresh:  Fresh when you start, whooped when you finish.
The instructor walked in when I was taking this shot and said "what ARE you doing?"  I should have said I was practicing those God awful planks she has us do.



Table Top
Table Top
 
Weathered:  Yup.  I'm still weathered out, but icicles usually mean sun and melting.




In or Out BW 203/365
In or Out BW 203/365
 
Ordinary:  Travis.  My brother and sis-in-law's cat.
I really love this shot, junk filled laundry basket and all.  It was one of those instinct shots-thru the windshield as I was about to pull out of their yard.  An ordinary every day scene.
The texture (Kim Klassen) totally enhanced the shot and did hide much more clutter behind the laundry basket.
 
 
Happy holiday to those celebrating Easter and Passover.  Hope you have a joyful time with your family.
 
 
 



21 comments:

Barbara said...

Totally agree about that last shot - love that texture and the way the cat is highlighted.

Nukke said...

I like your style in photos !!! Ordinary, weathered and empty street are very good photos ! and stylish.

Stephanie said...

There's a lot of beauty in your ordinary day. I think that's a great photo. So glad that's how Sue C's it.

Nicki said...

I make it a point to order water as a way to force myself to drink more of the stuff (cod-liver oil has nothing on standard water in terms of appeal-ability). I too have attempted those inconspicuous shots at the gym - fortunately I have not yet been busted but I know it is just a matter of time.

Great group of shots.

explorenewness said...

All of these are nice shots! I really like the wet, empty street one!...oh and the cat!

Carol Blackburn said...

Wishing you a blessed Easter. I love the shot of the cat with it's softness against the hard wood stair and door frame. Super!

Holly said...

Love weathered....so pretty!

TheChieftess said...

I agree!!! I really like that last shot!!! don't know about Kim Klassen texture...

Tamar SB said...

As a gym addict, I love that shot!! Hope you're having a nice Sunday, weather getting better out there? It's in the 70s here!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I guess you guys still have a lot of snow still, eh? Have a great Easter.

Leanne Barnett said...

Great shots - I like your empty street & the ordinary cat & laundry scene.

Brenda said...

Great Easter-time scavenging by the scavenger master. That last shot certainly show us how good your instincts are - great shot, clutter and all. The light on the cat is quite amazing - beautifully enhanced by the texture. Love the repeated circle shapes and black and red color scheme in "At the Gym" - cool and creative shot of an every day moment. And those water glass reflections - so very lovely. Happy Easter to you and yours!

Kay L. Davies said...

You're right, an Easter egg hunt can easily be likened to a scavenger hunt.
And now I've learned why I should learn those textures for my photos — to hide the mess in my house! Love the photo of Travis looking like a cat out of another time.
The dripping icicles are gorgeous, by the way.
K

Nancy said...

You were very creative with this challenge. My favorite is the kitty in the doorway.....

Kathryn said...

I always enjoy your scavenger hunts. I'm a sucker for icicles, love the gym shot too. I'm sure there are many times when people must wonder what you are up to. :0)

Leave It To Davis said...

"Instructor asked "what ARE you doing?" lol....love it!

Your kitty is precious!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Yes, you should have gone with the plank excuse :) I love the kitty cat shot, good way to follow your instincts.

Kathy McB said...

You're such a "GLEEK" :)

Anita Johnson said...

Good stuff here as usual! (o;

Cathy H. said...

Wonderful set! Love the icicles! I know you're glad to see the snow melting!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Great set and I especially like the last photo. I like the way you made "ordinary" seem so much more that ordinary.