Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Scavenger Time

Linking with Ashley over at Ramblings and Photos for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.


Making a quick stop at the SHS today.  The to-do list is quite long and I'm getting an early start.  Been a very busy week at work-several 10 hour days.  Yikes!  Feast or famine.

The best news is:  Daylight Savings Time!  Psyche.



Green Means Go
Green Means Go

Number 5:  This is at least the 5th snow storm in as many weeks.  I've kind of lost count.  People aren't even buying milk, eggs, and bread anymore.  Like me, they're just going about their day...well I was up early, but they weren't far behind.


Can't Read
Can't Read

Word of the Day:  Apparently somebody didn't get the memo.  Or they did, but they can't read that either.


Free Snow
Free Snow

Sharing:  I guess this home owner is trying to share.  There is melting happening, but those piles are going to be around for awhile.  Check in with me first of April and see how the melting is going.


Walkin' the Hood BW
Walkin' the 'Hood BW

Wiggle:  Yah.  Cute.  My next door neighbor's dog-he wiggles everywhere.
I cannot begin to tell you how spoiled this Morgan ("Moogs" "Honeycakes" "Baby" "Muff" "Little Man"....I'll stop here) is.  He has his own couch and an assortment of other things to make his lifestyle super awesome.  Mostly he's very loved.  Except by Tula.  She snubs him even though his owners call her "his woman".  Geez.


Sacred Snack 183/365
Sacred Snack 183/365

Cookies:  I know.  They're not cookies.  Cookies are not on "the list" of what I'm eating these days.  No cookies, candy, pizza, ice cream, butter, cream in the coffee, PB and J's, etc.
Raisins are on "the list".  But I've lost almost 20 pounds.  Yay me.  I don't need no stinkin' cookies.



Today for the first time in a long time I'm going on a photowalk with a new photography friend.  I can't really remember the last time I took the time to treat myself to a morning out.  I've never met him in person-he's the husband of an acquaintance, so it will be interesting.  Hope we get some good snaps....and if not, hope I find a good breakfast somewhere-or both!

26 comments:

Sarah Huizenga said...

How awesome, 20 lbs. gone! Hope the photo walk went well.

Tamar SB said...

Way to go on the 20bs!! And I agree - NO MORE SNOW! We got 13 inches here on Friday...uncle!!

Kathryn said...

Great pics, way to go on the 20lbs . . . you don't fancy losing some for medo you? I tried being good but fell off the wagon and haven't been back on since. Super addicted to sugar but at least I'm avoiding soda's and aspartane.

Dina Lettre said...

That snowman pic is priceless, Susan. Love it.

Sweepy said...

Woof, I love cookies but they won't let me. I can't eat raisins or chocolates or anything yummy. I. Am. Doomed, Susan.

Tula, I hope your life is less boring than mine ;-(

DrillerAA09 said...

So glad someone is willing to share their snow. Yes, Basset Hounds are just one big wiggle...or is that waddle. Whatever...it's still a great photo for the prompt.

Jen said...

All your shots were funny! Congrats on losing the weight. Giving all that up has to be hard. I'm trying to give up chocolate and I'm finding that difficult!

Nicki said...

I absolutely loved these - the 'free snow' had me LOL and the whole wiggle thing - I can relate. Good for you on the 20 down and you are singing to the choir about 'no cookie zone'. Can I get an Amen Sista!

Karen said...

20 lbs!! Way to go....who needs stinking cookies anyway! I love the melting snowman. You have to keep a sense of humor :)

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, I hope you get out and enjoy this beautiful day. They can keep their FREE SNOW. I can't give mine away either.

Brenda said...

As often happens when I read your blog - I am smiling - from your words and your images. Love the "Free Snow" offer - thanks anyway but I've had quite enough myself. And 20 lbs - yay for you and your raisins. Love the texture application. Enjoy your photo walk - hope the sun is shining - even if you can't give away your snow.

Stephanie said...

OK, now i fwwl guilty for eating that cookie. I admire your willpower! Glad to hear you are busy even though it means long days. Did't your dad have a dog like your neighbor's? I seem to remember him walking on the beach with a hound like that.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

One of my co-workers who lives in NH got 2 feet in the last storm. Love the free snow sign!

Susan said...

Yeah! Congrats on the 20 lbs, love the snowman too!

Brooke said...

HA! Love the free snow shot. And the cute hound!!! Great set. And good for you on the weight loss..... raisins are good! :D

TheChieftess said...

Thanks for the morning laugh!!! LOVE the Bird, snow man, and wiggly Basset!!!

Kathy said...

Haha..these are all fantastic my friend! Love the humor! I know that shocks ya, right? :) I cah't even pick a fav. But I CAN tell you that your "no parking" shot...lovin' that light you captured. And let's hear a Boo-yah for Daylights Savings Time...Mega Boo-yah!

erin said...

Cute dog! And congrats on the weight loss :)

Cathy H. said...

Great set! Love them all! Congrats on those 20 lbs!! You are so good! Maybe you better skip the last image when you look at SHS blog posts today. You know, those cookies can be mighty tempting!

Lea said...

A 20 pound loss - wonderful!
Love the hound dog!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Christine E-E said...

can't wait to see the photos taken during your walk-about today! Congrats on staying away from the cookies (Oh, you aren't alone - none of us should be eating the things on the list you posted). My fave shot is the green lights through the rain-blurred window.

Ida said...

What a enjoyable set. Loved your Wiggle shot, so cute and well composed.
Sharing was funny and congrats on the 20 lbs. I'm afraid cookies call out to me and alas I listen.

Ida said...

What a enjoyable set. Loved your Wiggle shot, so cute and well composed.
Sharing was funny and congrats on the 20 lbs. I'm afraid cookies call out to me and alas I listen.

Leave It To Davis said...

Love your post! Love the snowman! That was super funny. Love the bassett hound....love any bassett hound...and hate that you can't have cookies, but congratulations on 20 pounds lost. If only I had your will power to say I don't need no stinkin' cookies!

seabluelee said...

Wow, congrats on the 20 lbs!! And congrats on this set. I looked at the list of prompts this week and thought they were very kid-centric. You met the challenge nicely with nary a toddler in sight. I love that illegally parked seagull. That's a beautiful shot - love the light through his tail feathers.

Laloofah said...

I know I'm a total oddball, but I hate it when we "spring ahead." Hate the return to dark mornings and the delayed arrival of dark evenings. Yeah, see - told you I'm an oddball. But if I had been experiencing weekend after weekend of snowstorm for the past five weeks, I believe that even I would be applauding the arrival of Daylight Savings too! :-)

Wish some of our locals would realize that "green means go." To most of them, green seems to mean, "Text a friend" or "ponder your navel" or "wait for it to turn a deeper shade of green." Tsk.

LOVE the anarchist seagull, who would probably argue that perching and parking are not the same and that human rules do not apply to avians... and the free snow-peddling snowman is CLASSIC! Love that sense of humor - and the hat! Great hat. :-) A low-rider like the adorable Morgan must really appreciate the snowmelt!

And great effects on the raisin box photo! Love that image. And yay you indeed! The loss of 20lbs is a wonderful bonus, but even more importantly you can bet your health has improved too (and so have the lives of several critters) thanks to your lifestyle changes. I'm so very proud of you and pleased for you!!!