Pages

Followers

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wicked Hard Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.....St Patty's style.



In Maine, maybe it even slips as far south as New Hampshire or Boston, "wicked" means the same as really or very.  LL Bean even has some slippers called "wicked good slippers".  Is this sort of pathetic? 

This week's scavenger was wicked hard for me.  Back when I taught elementary school this would have been a cinch (that equals easy), but no school windows plastered with shamrocks and leprechauns and no kiddos in my house, made this one tough.  The dog and cat don't really need window decorations to make their lives complete. They're not getting any green beer either.  I'm not even wearing a green shirt today.  This whole paragraph is the long way of saying stretch city on the topics.


Lucky Coffee
Lucky Coffee

Lucky:  Mom and I went to lunch at the Green Elephant yesterday.   You can see the awning a bit further down the street.  How fortunate to snag this sign along the way.  BTDubs....the lunch was fab.


Irish Stout
Irish Stout

Irish:  A fortunate find in the grocery.


Early Bird
Early Bird

Daylight:  Daylight coming up.  Nice of my friend to stand in my shot and give me a cool silhouette.  Look at all that equipment in the big ass pack he carries around.


Breakfast with a Friend
Breakfast with a Friend

Pot of Gold:  That first morning cup is like a pot of gold. 
(I know, really pathetic....and not even a great photo)


Cuppa Cuppa
Cuppa Cuppa

Here's my equally poor second choice.  At least it's almost gold colored.


In the Clover
In the Clover

Clover:  Whereas there's still a bunch of snow on the ground this was a dip, and process, from the archives.  This is from when I'd only been shooting maybe 3 months.  Not bad.  But better with a Kim Klassen texture.


Happy St Pats to you today.  I've devoted the afternoon to doing my taxes.  Fun, fun, fun.  Grrrrr.
Thanks for stopping by.

19 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Oh we use wicked down here! It is now a constant fixture in my vocabulary! And I didn't say it, but this was a wicked hard one for me too! Nicely done though!

Jackie/Jake said...

I love how everyone interprets these hunts!

seabluelee said...

Tough to find a lot of green on St. Paddy's day in Maine. You did great!

Sweepy said...

Happy St Patrick's day. The only Patrick I know is Keeper's boyfriend and he's not a saint ;-0

Kara said...

hehehe...wicked means the same here in MA! Has since I was a teenager. In Marblehead, MA where I grew up we used to say Wicked Awesome!!

Robyn said...

Susan,
You did well with the SH prompts.

Coffee is a must have for me too! Great idea for Pot of Gold.

Your Early Bird picture is very neat. Love the colors and silhouette.

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I agree, babies do bring smiles.

Kimberly said...

You did well for it being so hard for you. I love your daylight photo!

Nancy said...

I have become familiar with the word wicked through my son in law and daughter both from New York and both Irish....

I love the sunrise shot....

Cathy H. said...

I know that your creative mind will always find a way to fulfil the prompts and I love what you find! Love your POV on the clover image! Great texture, too! Happy St. Patty's Day to you!

Nicki said...

Your pictures and especially your commentaries are wicked good! I too have a big ass camera bag, combined with an ample rear makes for what I imagine is a less than pretty sight - probably why my son frequently volunteers to carry the big ass bag.

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh gee, I missed my opportunity to wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day so I guess that means no Lucky Charms for me today, huh. :)

Brenda said...

Oh, yes I can how this week's scavenger would be tough, I mean, wicked. Love the "Irish Stout" image - with just enough of the bottles in the foreground, a peek of a shamrock and then the background text. Very creative composition. Love it.

Leave It To Davis said...

I had a terribly hard time with this one, too....but next week is going to be near impossible for me!! EEEK! Great job finding some stretched Irish themes! lol You did good!

Linda R said...

I hear ya on the "wicked hard" hunt this week.. But I did enjoy all your photos. That silhouette shot is fab.

Happy St. Paddy's day to ya!

Brooke said...

Well... these are WICKED good... if I do say so myself! I love the irish stout photo. And the lovely silhouette! I totally cheated... so I give you props, Girl!

Kay L. Davies said...

Wicked good work, Susan. And a new phrase to add to my vocabulary.
There may have been a time when those words applied to me, but it was long ago, far away, and involved a wonderful black dress. I think I was 20-something, if I remember correctly.
Always enjoy your photos.
May the wind always be at your back, and may the road rise up to meet you, and whatever the rest of that Irish saying is/was.
K

Stephanie said...

You were wickedly creative with your prompts this week and as entertaining as usual. I need to do some sihouette shots - I love yours.

Sarah Huizenga said...

I actually really like the coffee cup shot with the menu and hands in the background. Feels very peaceful and relaxing.

Bethany said...

I love this set of photos... especially the first two! Nicely done!