Pages

Followers

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Project 52 in Bloom





 
Linking with Tamar and Gina for P52.


Variety
Variety




This isn't a weekly check in, it's a check in from yesterday.


A local cemetery-lovely and large, runs from street to river bank.  Each spring on the hill that leads down to the water, gazillions of daffodils bloom.  I checked in a week ago, but they weren't quite at peak yet, so I visited again yesterday morning and believe I timed my visit perfectly.  Not only that...no one else was there so I had them all to myself.



Bouquet
Bouquet



Field of Dreams
Field of Dreams
 
 
 
Everywhere you look be it up, down, or sideways, near or far.....
daffodils.
 


Touch the Sky
Touch the Sky



Spring in my Step
Spring in my Step
 
 
 
You don't even have to be good at taking photos.  You could close your eyes and hold up your camera-shoot blindly and still come up with great images.  BTW-I didn't try that.
 
 
 


All Yellow
All Yellow



Laurel Hill
Laurel Hill



In Light
In Light
 
 
Honestly, I don't make a habit of taking flower images, but this massive display deserves attention, and it received mine.

11 comments:

martinealison said...

Je savoure le printemps en admirant vos merveilleuses photos. Merci pour ce partage. Ces fleurs ont une grâce incroyable.
Gros bisous

Deborah said...

such lovely captures!

Tamar SB said...

You weren't kidding about the fields of flowers! Gorgeous!

Cathy H. said...

What a beautiful sight! Daffodils are such happy flowers that always bring a smile! You captured these beautifully!

Carol Blackburn said...

Must have been so beautiful to see and smell. Our flowers bloom later up north here. It's funny but even the folks on one hill south of me get their flowers blooming before mine do. Weird!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Give me a macro lens and a field of flowers and I'll show you one happy boy! Touch the sky is awesomely awesome.

bgottsab said...

The very definition of spring! I love how many different creative ways you came up with to capture their beauty.

seabluelens said...

Thank you for these! It feels like a visit home. I wish I could have been there with you. Touch the Sky is my fave - love that perspective.

Rosie Grey said...

These are stunning, Susan! I couldn't resist taking photos of these beauties, either! I've never seen such a field of daffodils before - in reality, that is... ;-)

Deborah Tisch said...

I love these images, Susan! My favorite flower, too. Your words and images give a real sense of just how lovely this hill side is.

Anita Johnson said...

I would like to be sitting at Laurel Hill right about now!