Pages

Followers

Friday, April 5, 2013

Reflections

 
 
Mango Peach




Linking with James for Weekend Reflections.



Earlier this week as the sun was slipping quickly down I had a 15-20 min window of time to get some images captured near the pier in a local seaside town called Old Orchard Beach.

I avoid this spot in full season with swarms of tourists searching for sinful pier fries, ticky-tacky T-shirt shopping, a ride on the amusements, or a spot on the crowded sands-never mind a spot to park the car. It is a great spot to hit off season however where a sense of abandonment, solitude, and shuttered businesses are more the rule.  No pier fries, no amusement rides.....just a quiet and still atmosphere.


Enchanted Forest
Enchanted Forest


One Step
One Step


Curves at Dusk
Curves at Dusk


Carousel
Carousel
 
 
OK, the carousel isn't a reflection, just proving it would be pretty damn difficult to ride a Ferris wheel that had no seats.
 
Thank you to James for another week of reflection hunting.
Happy weekend.






20 comments:

Kathryn said...

Makes me hunger for the sea. Thankfully my brothers wedding is down in Wales right next to the beach where we used to holiday all the time. Can't wait!

'Tsuki said...

The first picture is really awesome I get why you like it so much... But all your pictures are gorgeous. AndI love the tittles, they are so accurate but yet so poetical.

Tamar SB said...

Ok, makes me want to go to the beach now!! Love the reflections you find!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I do love your watery reflections for the day, Susan!! It does look SO peaceful and this is definitely the best time to be there!! Thanks for sharing the beauty!! Have a great weekend!

Malyss said...

i like the mood here, very peaceful. I'd like to walk there!

Gerald (SK14) said...

I'm off to Blackpool next week and it's got three piers so I may well get on or under one of them.

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful reflections, Susan, but the thought of "sinful pier fries" makes me hungry for the seaside and fresh hot french fries!
K

Nonnie said...

I would find this a place to surrender my pent-up tenseness! always a joy to cast my eyes upon your sea images, Susan!

Laloofah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laloofah said...

Oooh, I love these! The first one is my absolute favorite - the textures and lighting and the way you caught that rolling wave really make for a beautiful photo!

I suppose if one simply couldn't WAIT for the amusement park to open for the season and get their Ferris wheel seats installed, they could just hang onto the horizontal bars. That would be a thrill (and an awfully good upper body workout!) :-) Is that at OOB?

Leanne Barnett said...

Great reflections, I always like watery, under the pier shots. So beautiful & peaceful;.

Taken For Granted said...

Fine beach reflections under the pier. You have caught great light.

TheChieftess said...

Really nice reflections!!!

Cathy H. said...

Beautiful beach reflections! The light is gorgeous!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I so need to get to the beach, these colors are wonderful, especially in the first shot.

Brenda said...

Wow! Susan - you have out-done yourself this week. Thank goodness for that 15 minutes - because you captured wonder, especially to someone who is completely landlocked. The colors in that first image are mind-boggling - that one should be on a wall somewhere. I can see why you love this place during the off-season - such beautiful solitude.

Laura said...

exquisite reflections!

Deborah Tisch said...

Of all the reflection images you have shared, I think that very first one is my all time favorite. The colors and light just take my breath away. Great image!

Carol Blackburn said...

Exquisite shots!

James said...

I love these shots! Ocean + reflection = :-). Something about seeing the ocean strikes a nerve in me. Probably because I'm from a coastal area and I used to be in the navy. :-)