Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Spring Scavenger

Linking with Ashley today for Scavenger Hunt Sunday.  Always fun and all are welcome.  Give it a try.  You'll be addicted too.



I liked the list this week.  I say that like it's an unusual thing.  I almost always like the list, but I especially enjoy the topics that can be twisted, turned, stretched into funky interpretations.  Makes scavenging even more fun.




Window Box Textured
Window Box

Happiness:  This is a sure sign that spring is really here.  Knowing that makes totally happy.  I survived another winter.  Processed this with Kim Klassen's stained linen.  One of my favorites.




Spring BW
Spring BW
 
Spring in BW:  No leaves on the trees (yet).  Buds tho.



Constant Companion 229/365
Constant Companion 229/365
 
Family/Faith:  I love this girl.  Her loyalty to me is steadfast.  My pets are my family and maybe my faith too.



Red Esss
Red Esss
 
Fuzzy:  This night image is fuzzy, but it works for me.  The glow of the stop light on the bridge struck me as pretty cool.



Cape Porpoise
Cape Porpoise
 
Gathering/Provide:  Maine is famous for lobster.  The hearty lobstermen gather and provide it.  They go out even in cold weather.  This looks like a warm day, but the wind was extreme, though it has to be an improvement on winter.
 
 
Thanks for visiting "the Ears".  Have a wonderful day.  I went out on a photowalk with a friend this morning.  We haven't photo-walked together since we were in Cuba.  We were way overdue.  Fun.
 
 

19 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Love that window box! Gorgeous shots this week, Susan!

Stephanie said...

I can't pick a favorite shot this week - I love them all. Window box - great shot. Fuzzy - unique shot. Faith - sweet shot. Spring - I'm a sucker for reflections. Provide - simply brilliant idea!

Kathy McB said...

Ooohing and Aaaaahing over your Daffs photo. Honestly...I think one of my favs of yours so far.

Carletta said...

Wonderful set!
My favorites are that window box - lovely edit- and the B&W - super cool reflection!

Nancy said...

Loved the kitty; mine is my faithful companion as well...
And the reflection is just awesome....

Nicki said...

Nice gathering shot and fantastic b/w reflection of the trees.

Carol Blackburn said...

Gee, that red light reflection on the overpass is amazing. I was expecting you to say there was a fire nearby. Beautiful sunny day here up north. Glad to hear you got out and about. It's good for the soul.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Absolutely love the illustrated feel of the window box picture. It is so perfect. You are always so creative with your scavenger hunt list.

Norma Ruttan said...

well, no favorites this week! they are all food for my soul! I went out for a photo walk this afternoon. [alone, :(]
oh, well, at least I got some interesting pictures, had a walk and absorbed some sun.

Christine E-E said...

all your shots are exquisite! I especially like the angle of the night shot - the red lights really draw your eyes to the end of the destination.

bgottsab said...

Another fine week of scavenging. I can see your joy in the shift to spring coming out in your images. Love the window box and the wonderfully applied texture - I like the symmetry of this image. And the red light reflections on the bridge.

Ross said...

Fabulous shots! Only wish I could make the same shift into spring with my shots!

Karen said...

Your window box photo is stunning. You did a great job with the texture. It works perfectly in that photo. I keep going back to look again and again!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

You could flip the reflection on the long edge and not be able to tell it's a reflection :-)

It looks like your kitty is suspended in air, neat angle.

Susan said...

Great finds. Love the window box processing and the great bridge capture. Hope you have a great week!

Ms. Becky said...

I'm with the other commenters - I love each and every photo. Not usually a fan of textures I really like Window Box. nice job. Spring BW is a superb reflection shot, love all the lines and details. Princess P is adorable, sidling up to your feet. I think Red Esss may be my fave, it's just so YOU, and so too is Cape Porpoise. I jellyass of the scenery you have to choose from. Have a happy week.

Ida said...

Really nice set.
I liked the Happiness shot of the Daffodils.
Fuzzy was so different and cool looking.
Family - You can't go wrong with a furry family member.
Spring in BW - Loved the reflection.
Provide - Colorful and Peaceful looking.

Gracie O'Tripp said...

Very enjoyable photo solutions.

Cathy H. said...

You are so creative with your prompts. My favorite is the window box and I love how it contrasts with the bare trees! They look like totally different seasons!