Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.....the play along game that's just a smidge too addicting to miss.


Ominous BW
Ominous BW
 
Outside:  It's been cold, but sunny so I've been outside getting shots-and then jumping back in my car to warm up.  Way cool 1950's Caddy I found while driving around.


Bubbas Sepia
Bubbas Sepia
 
Chatterbox(es):  Everybody needs a posse.  Here's mine-being absolutely silly.  What I love about these friends, there's always laughter beyond sanity levels.  But when the laughing takes a momentary pause, there is an amazing amount of love and caring amongst the 5 of us.
Jus' sayin'....glad I was the one holding the camera-and yes the chattering was over the top.
 


Summers Sheers 209/365
Summer Sheers  209/365
 
Comfort:  Yah.  Not sure this says comfort to anyone else, but I found comfort on this old time porch bathed in warm sun.  A sense that spring is truly on its way.
This is a decorated sheer in a window and reflections of the oversized porch, railings, and light.
Kind of funky, but I like it.


Tongs
Tongs
 
In the kitchen:  I read a blog post recently-I can't quite remember where-but the author noted she like motion in her food images.  Hmmmmm.  I guess I do too.  Wouldn't have thought of it if she hadn't said so.  So nice what you learn from reading blogs.
 


Muse Silhouette 214/365
Muse Silhouette 214/365
 
Trees:  I've taken this photo numerous times.  I kind of can't help it.  Those majestic trees against a setting sun beg to be photographed.  It's even better when the wind is calm and the waters provide a reflection-but this sky seems to hold its own.
 
 
And that's another week's addiction in the bag.
Happiest day to you.  Thanks for the visit.
 
 

24 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That car is awesome!! Love the salad tong action too - making me hungry!

Stephanie said...

I have made a note to myself: motion in food shots. That is a great idea and I love how yours came out. It looked like spring yesterday and I tried to go out to shoot but it was so cold and windy near the water I got right back in the car.

Megan Bailey said...

Oh my, the sunset tree photo is just stunning! I love all of your interpretations for this week!

P.S. Thanks for the lovely comment!

Laloofah said...

Warm weather is sure taking its not-so-sweet time showing up in your neighborhood, huh? Been really nice here, but snow's back in our forecast tomorrow and Tuesday. *philosophical shrug* :-)

Love the caddy, looks like a classic gangster car from that angle and in B&W, even though it's from a decade that wasn't known for gangsters. :-)

Speaking of gangsters, I recognize Laura G in your posse, but no one else. Anyone else from our KHS days in that shot?

My favorite photo of the bunch is definitely those beautiful sheers! I'm in love with both the subject and the photo of them. I love the details, the lighting, and that wonderful porch behind them! Great, great capture!

It's only 9:30am here but I find myself suddenly craving fresh greens for some reason. :-) And you can take that beautiful photo of the water, trees and sunset as often as you want to, as far as I'm concerned. I'm addicted to sky shots like that myself!

Ruth Kelly said...

I love the sunset shot.

Nonnie said...

upon viewing the porch image, immediately my aunt's porch and my grandparents' porch sprung to my mind! such warm memories... I too love the veil of the curtain.
I was looking for you in your friends' group till I read that you were behind the lens.
happy Sunday

TheChieftess said...

I'm partial to the car shot!!! Great composition...and perfect in B&W!!! And yes...a bit gangster-ish!!!
You always do a really nice job of interpreting the scavenger hunt! I keep forgetting to scavenge!!!

Carletta said...

Hi Susan,
I haven't been here in a long long time. I think I first visited you for a Scavenger Hunt a long time ago.
Love your interpretations!
All are so well photographed. I love the caddie shot!
Your friends look like a lot of fun to be with.
The sunset shot is stunning!!!

Linda R said...

That outside shot is fabulous... Well done on the hunt this week.

Carol Blackburn said...

My, my you've been a busy woman. Great shots Susan. Hope the weekend has treated you well :)

Nicki said...

Great group of shots - fantastic sunset on the tree; but the friends is with winner winner, chicken dinner. Nothing beats the love and chatter of friends.

Honey Mommy said...

Great set! I love your outside shot. It looks great as a black and white. I was also really intrigued by your comfort shot and that trees shot is just stunning!

Robyn G said...

Neat trees picture. Love the sky colors your captured and the texture of the water.

Robyn
http://theranchwifechronicles.com/

gina said...

Great set of images, Susan. I love, love the bubbas sepia -- you've really captured the warmth and camaraderie of a group of women friends.( I feel so lucky to have my own posse -- keeps me sane!) And I'll look at your sunsets any time -- so lovely!

Ida said...

Very enjoyable set. Loved the shot of the Caddy and those Trees in that amazing sunset. Looks like you've got a great fun group of friends.

Cathy H. said...

Love the porch image! It took me a minute to figure it out, but I love photography that makes me thing "how did she do that?" I love the light and shadows.

lessandra said...

That is a beautiful sunset - I'd take pixs of it all the time, too! And your summer sheers is a great shot. It's funny how the lack of color in chatterbox seems to make the picture even more interesting.

Savannah @ HammockTracks said...

Love the shears photos...very creative.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

The caddy shot is killer, definitely my fav. Your motion capture is really great, isn't slowing the shutter a big fun?

Sarah Huizenga said...

I can see why you find comfort in the porch shot. It says kick your shoes off and stay awhile. The Caddy is awesome.

Kathryn said...

One of my favorite sets Susan. Love your posse, the sheers reflection, the car the sunset . . . heck I love them all.

Hope you had a great weekend and got some sunshine you're way. Finally feels like Spring has arrived here and I'm all the happier for it.

Brenda said...

Great set, Susan! Your work is (almost) enough to convince me to participate in weekly hunts. Love the film noir graphic quality of the caddy shot. The love and laughter of your posse. The delicate translucence of Summer Sheers. The beautiful motion of Tongs. And I completely understand you attraction to the trees, silhouetted against that amazing sky. Muse indeed!

Deborah Tisch said...

Bubbas Sepia...love that image of your friends. The title is enough to crack me up. Your images simply rock, Susan.

Susan said...

Wow, that car shot is ominous! I love your group of chatty friends, and love food motion shots too. :-) Hope you're having a great week!