Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunny Sunday Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for the SHS this week.  Scavenge on!



I washed my car, in my own DRIVEWAY yesterday.  Way big sign that spring is here.  I love a clean car.  I watch the weather for a string of pictures of sun so I can enjoy it longer.  Sun yesterday, today....and I saw a row of suns when I glanced over toward the TV at the gym.  I shut down the TV when I exercise, but I did sneak a peek.  Beautiful.  Now to avoid dirt roads, road construction and rogue puddles, at least for a few days.




Walk Near the Water
Walk Near the Water
 
Walking:  This path winds along the rocky coast and then beside a long stretch of beach.  Surf was up making it more pleasant.  No tourists either.  Perfect time to enjoy as these two women were.



A Slice
A Slice
 
Yummy:  Fresh ingredients, hand made.  I totally deserved this after working so hard on my car.




In the Pink
In the Pink
 
Favorite Toy:  Saying "my camera" may be lame, but it is true.  No kids=no toys.  Tula has a bunch of ugly ass bones, and Princess P is far too old and sophisticated to bother with toys.  That puts it back to me.



Flowers
Flowers
 
What I Did this Week:  I ate early dinner at least 2 nights and then went out to shoot and enjoy pretty evening light.  This is a big part of my love affair with this time of year.



Bow Line
Bow Line
 
Anything:  I did have to go to a funeral this week too.  The reception was held at a restaurant overlooking the water.  After paying respects and visiting, I slipped down to the docks for some me time with my camera.  Here's a favorite shot.




Working today.  Blech!  It's so nice outside.   Hope to enjoy it a little later in the day.  I have a yellow dog beside me letting me know....we need a walk.  Have a great Sunday.  I hope yours is sunny too.

15 comments:

Stephanie said...

The nice days this week and a burst of color have been a real mood lifter. The colors at the beach have been great for picture taking. Where did you get that pizza? Looks delish!

Nicki said...

Whooa, are you calling all us toy=camera=love lame? Well, I guess we are, and I'm totally okay with that. These are great - I especially like the boat shots.

Christine E-E said...

Gosh - the pictures along the water are gorgeous! How did you do the "FAVE TOY" pic? move & then change the color? pretty amazing. Hope to see you next week!

Jan n Jer said...

Nice shots to match this weeks prompts! Love the last shot..cool reflection!

DrillerAA09 said...

Bow Line is a stunning capture. Indeed, suitable for framing. Very nice work here.

abrianna said...

I too like the boat shots. Lovely.

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely shots Susan. Sorry you are working today but hey it's 5 p.m. already and there is still some gorgeous sunlight out there. Have a relaxing evening.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Happiness is a clean car. After we get back from the U.P. and moving the daughter home from college that is on my agenda. Great work as always :)

seabluelens said...

Love "Flowers" but Bowline definitely my favorite this week! Oh, and Walk? Made me homesick bigtime. So glad you finally get some spring weather and sights to enjoy, my friend! XO

Cathy H. said...

Love the reflection and lines on the last one! Washing your car...beautiful flowers...looks like spring has finally arrived.

Ida said...

What a wonderful place to take a walk or sit for a spell on that bench.
Lovely shot of the boats and daffodils.

Leanne Barnett said...

Glad you're enjoying the warmer weather & sunshine. These photos are gorgeous- that coastline walk looks stunning, your pizza slice looks incredible & love the composition of bow line. Well done, I think I'll try to scavenge next week- you've inspired me.

Leanne Barnett said...

Glad you're enjoying the warmer weather & sunshine. These photos are gorgeous- that coastline walk looks stunning, your pizza slice looks incredible & love the composition of bow line. Well done, I think I'll try to scavenge next week- you've inspired me.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I rest my case, another fine selfie! Bow line is pretty spectacular, my mind wonder what this might look as monochrome (we are so luck yo have a button to remove all colors instead of changing film).

I wash my cars frequently. Friday night, all purdy, this morning, all covered in rain. Oh well.

bgottsab said...

So glad to hear about your car-washing-sunny-day! Your happiness shines through these images. Love the creative selfie with that hot pink toning - you go, girl! Bow Line is my favorite - the symmetrical composition, with just a hint of the blue interior and those wonderful reflections mirrored below.