Pages

Followers

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Photo Heart in Connection

 
Linking with Kat over at the Kat Eye Studio for the PHC for April.  April is over?  Really?  It seems it's just begun.
 
 
 


Lost 237/365
Lost 237/365
 
 
Branches are still bare, hat and gloves are still needed to take a morning walk, a foggy mist rises from the river saying the air and water temperature are still far apart, the sun is elusive; veiled.
 
This was April, a taunting mostly.  Teasing.  Teasing me until it's last week when it turned the corner.  The Lion and the Lamb came a month late this year; my spirit tied to them.
 
But here, this day, at the end of April, in early morning, the sun has risen and it is no more "dark o'clock" when I arrive at the gym so early.  I am not so much brave and steadfast in my trek.  Others, more than usual, have joined in the task and ritual of the early hour. It is because of the light they are now able.
 
My rhythms run strongly on light.  They answer to it.  They slave to it yet ache in the grey and darkness. I cannot help it.

20 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Well said, Susan, and the photo is beautiful.
We had one warm day recently, then winter tried to return. We had hail, rain, snow...but the leaves are beginning to bud and a few of my tulips have their leaves out of the ground, as have the irises.
This month we will have flowers, and blossoms! May is the start of Spring in southeastern Alberta.
K

Leanne Barnett said...

Beautiful! Image & words.

martinealison said...

La lumière du matin, c'est comme une naissance renouvelée...
Merveilleuse photo ! que du bonheur et une belle sérénité.
Gros bisous

bgottsab said...

What a beautifully evocative and emotional image - oh, that light! I think it will be enough to lead you home. Enjoy these days of no more "dark o'clock".

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Yea, I can't believe April is over.
I love the mystery and color of the fog, extraordinary!

Nancy said...

Beautiful photograph and I do hope we all see spring to stay soon....

Cathy H. said...

Stunning image! You've captured such beautiful light. I well know the feeling of the rhythm of light. I always feel out-of-sorts when daylight is short!

gina said...

Where DID April go? It's been a mixed up spring in so many parts of the country, and it does throw us off of our seasonal rhythms. Your beautiful capture of the morning light is exquisite and full of promise.

James said...

Wow what a beautiful photo. I love the wonderful mix of light and fog and the patterns of the tree branches.

seabluelens said...

I love this time of year in Maine. It's such a joy to see life creeping back into the landscape. I love this image. The color, the texture, the light are simply magical. My heart is happy for yours that Spring is showing herself at last!

Zena said...

Such a beautiful image and words... I am also connected to the rhythm of light

Michele Matucheski said...

You've captured a beautiful moment in time! Thank you for sharing. This spring has been kind of like emerging from a cocoon. It is good to see the light again!

Sarah Huizenga said...

I love the promise of warmth that this picture reveals, and the promise of light coming out of a dark season.

Miriam said...

What a wonderful photo. I hope spring come to you soon.

Miriam said...

What a wonderful photo. I hope spring come to you soon.

Carolyn Phillips said...

A beautiful image.

Rosemary Reflectionsofmyworld said...

so enjoyed reading your story and pic is awesome as well. Funny how we all seem to be tied to the national rhythms of the universe.

Kat Sloma said...

Such beautiful light! I think we need to honor our bodies natural rhythyms, whether they are with the light or otherwise. You can celebrate these long days that are arriving. Look to the light to bring you out of the cocoon of winter. Thank you for sharing your Photo-Heart Connection with us this month.

Paula Bogdan said...

You've captured sheer magic...beautiful, beautiful light!

Elsie said...

Pure magic, love this so much.