Pages

Followers

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Scavenger

Linking with Ashley today.  Yay.  Scavenger Hunt Sunday time.








I feel like my set is a little drab this week.  The topics weren't drab, the opportunities were kind of drab.  We've had a lot of gray, rain, overcast kind of weather.  I guess that equals drab.  I hear tomorrow sun will arrive-I should go out seeking bright primary colors!




Fishing
Fishing
 
Vacation:  It's been a long time since I've had a vacation.  These two guys were definitely on vacation.  Lazy fishing and a tell-tale license plate from "away".



Eggs 262/365
Eggs 262/365
 
Food:  For the first time, I tried a little light painting.  This one came out pretty good.  I'll have to try it again.  I don't really get too excited about shooting using a light box-no emotion, but something about this technique appealed to me.
 
 


The Hayer
The Hayer
 
Sound:  I think sometimes the best sound is no sound at all.
 


Rusty Hinge
Rusty Hinge
 
Texture:  Different barn, different gray day.


The Seven O'Clock BW
The Seven O'clock BW
 
Anything:  Amtrak zipping thru.  I heard the whistle blow a few miles away which let me run, run, run to this spot and get set to frame the train under the bridge.  I gave a wave as the train rushed by and got my own private "toot" from the conductor.  I love trains.
 
 
 
Thanks for the great prompts this week and thanks to Ashley for hosting this fun weekly challenge.  To those in the US, Happy Memorial Day.  Let's remember to honor those who died protecting our country.
 

20 comments:

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Oh that train coming down the track is fantastic! Adore the simple beauty of the eggs as well.

tiarastantrums said...

love that bridge shot!

bgottsab said...

What do you mean - drab? I found this set to be really quite fabulous. Your light painting is quite stunning - love the way the light gives form and solidity to the eggs. And I love the thought of you running down to catch the train as it was framed by the bridge - well worth the effort - I see you caught the reflection of the headlights on the inside wall as well as a bit of graffiti. Well done - like the BW conversion.

Stephanie said...

You may call it drab but I find it to be artistic. I also think it's much harder to get a good shot in B/W. Your eggs look great.

Gracie O'Tripp said...

Wonderful photos. BW captures such great moods.

Robyn G said...

Susan,

The B&W edits are awesome on your Rusty Hinge and Seven O'Clock pictures.

The Hayer picture is beautiful too. I love the colors you captured.

Robyn
http://theranchwifechronicles.com/

Carol Blackburn said...

Love your shots today, Susan. Isn't it illegal to cause engineers and conductors to be distracted while driving a train? I won't tell if you won't. :)

Sweepy said...

Woof, I hate trains. They always come when I am in the middle of my woofy nap ;-)

Cathy H. said...

Not drab to me! These are fantastic! I love the feel in the old barn images. The overcast skies make them seem more abandoned and forgotten. The train...fantastic image!!!

Honey Mommy said...

Love your train shot, and I think the eggs are fantastic!

Tamar SB said...

Love the eggs! I love hearing the train whistle from the commuter rail a few blocks away. And seriously - this weather ICK! It was so nice to have the sun come out this afternoon!!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

The lighting on the eggs is stupendous, I love it!

Rusty hinge would be cool in mono with selective colorization on the hinge (just sayin), peaking out from behind the tree.

Trains are a fav of mine too!

I hiked that hill not onec, but twice, so I'm a super rock star! After hiking down, I got hungry, so I hiked up, ate lunch and went back to get some more photos.

Leave It To Davis said...

As always, you did an outstanding job! Love the eggs and the train, which could have doubled for sound because we know trains click, click, click down the track even when you don't get a special toot cause you're so cute!

Leanne Barnett said...

Lovely photos, I love the look of the fishing holiday- so peaceful. And I agree with the no sound at all being the best Sound.

Sarah Huizenga said...

The Hayer and the Rusty Hinges are awesome! I got a lightbox for Mother's Day. Maybe today I will get it out of the boxes it came in and play with it. It is suppose to rain today here. YUCK!

seabluelens said...

Drab? There's nothing drab about any of these. They're quiet...peaceful...they make me breathe deeply and want to linger over them. The light on the eggs is beautiful, and I love the rough old barn. But the star for me is The Hayer. I can feel that soundless sound and I love it.

Rosie Grey said...

Such a wonderful selection, Susan! And I don't feel they are drab at all! Although I can relate to your feelings about the weather... I haven't seen the sun for quite a while, either :-(
Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Anu said...

Beautiful set! There is something very calming in these pictures.

Ida said...

Oh wow these are wonderful and not "drab" at all. It's so hard to pick favorites when they are this great. If I had to I would go with the Anything shot of the train as my top pick followed closely behind by the Vacation shot and the Sound shot. Well done.

Ms. Becky said...

there's not one photo here that isn't fantastic. the intimacy you capture is simply alluring and wonderful. the eggs - fabulous. the oncoming train - I hear the whistle blowing. Fishing - moody and introspective, I can taste the salty air. The Hayer - expertly composed and sensual. Rusty Hinge - be still my heart. I'm unable to select a favorite they all belong on my wall, my desk, somewhere that I can look at them every day. be happy a week to you. and what Ida said.