Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scavenge On

Linking with Ashley again this Sunday for the SHS.




I'm working today (boo-hiss) so quick scavenger for me.  I know my set is a little funky and stretchy....and I'll own that.  Honestly, I think that's half the fun of the hunt.




Laura
Laura
 
Fun:  My best.  We had dinner together this week-neither of us have much $$$, so it was fun way to spend a gift card I'd received.
Something else fun....she was glancing out the window at people passing by.  I wanted so much to take her photo.  A bit later I said "I really want to take your picture, I love the way you look in the light.  Would that be OK?"  and she said yes.  Maybe all we need to do is ask.


Web
Web
 
Arts and Crafts:  Yah, not so much a crafty girl.  I'll own that as well.
A spider is highly crafty and each web an artistic endeavor.


Chickens Are Gross
Chickens are Gross
 
Messy:  Me no like taking care of my brother's chickens when he's out of town.  Eeewwww. 
I don't mind when he gives me fresh eggs though.


Ferns
Ferns
 
Blessing:  Both my cat and my dog Tula are blessings to me.  Doubly blessed as this summer Tula won't be laid up for months recovering from surgery.  I am happy to see her enjoying (and running in) the woods again.


Mama
Mama
 
Effort:  I am not a mom, and therefore don't know what effort it takes to be a good one.
This woman, diligently watching her children...well, that's effort.  Things as a child you're not even aware of-how hard your mom works ALL the time.
 
 
 
And just as one more aside....I wrote down the list pretty messily last week.  I thought blessing said blogging.  I haven't been blogging much lately-I was thinking about putting an empty pic.  That said, if I've not been around for a visit of late over to your shop, sorry.  Trying.  Frickin' work.  Grrrrrr.  Hope to catch you later.

19 comments:

Stephanie said...

Chickens - super gross. It seems more and more people around here are getting chickens though Not me. Crafty photo - very clever interpretation of prompt. Working too much - sorry you don't have more time off. It must take a lot of your effort!

Patrice said...

Great shots - my husband is DYING to raise chickens...don't ask me why!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is a great set, Susan.
I especially love the one of Laura. The light is falling so beautifully on her face.

I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the day some. It has gotten very summer-like here, and I'm guessing it is there also.

Happy day to you!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your stretchy takes. I've been known to do that from time to time.

Also it takes time to go and check people's blogs and come up with a comment besides "Nice shots!". Between work and vacation and helping getting the house ready for wife's book group I do what I can. Cut yourself some slack.

abrianna said...

Beautiful portrait of your friend.

Liked the web shot and the one of the mom watching her kids too.

bgottsab said...

I love when you stretch the themes - you always have such a unique take. And that is gorgeous light on your friend - beautiful. And I completely agree with your summation on chickens - eeeew!

Linda R said...

Lots of great shots. I love the shot of your friend. The light is perfect on her face. Well done..

Hugs~

Nicki said...

I've come to the conclusion that the words are merely a suggestion and the fun of the hunt is what you do with it (says one lady who has skipped several weeks now... blink, blink). Your friend does look lovely gazing out the window and such a keen observation of mothering - always and forever. Very neat and crafty spider web.

Ida said...

Enjoy set. Your friends photo is lovely. Very poignant.
I really liked the Spider Web shot. Truly a work of art.
Also the Ferns were lovely and I'm happy your dog is feeling much better now.
You captured a sweet moment in your effort shot too.

Cathy H. said...

If you could make me as beautiful as your friend, Laura, I'd let you take my picture, too!! Love the spider web, beautiful light! I have very little luck capturing a spider's web! My camera just doesn't want to focus on it and I get impatient!

Robyn G said...

A little time with your Girl Friends is always worth the effort! People watching, guilty as charged!

Neat spider web capture.

I have a dozen hens. You are right, chickens are very messy birds. But ... the farm fresh eggs are worth it!

Ranch Wife Robyn

Leanne Barnett said...

beautiful spider web!

seabluelens said...

I always enjoy it when you stretch the prompts. I think my fave this week is Laura - it's a beautiful portrait, and you were right, the light is gorgeous. So happy that you and Tula are able to romp in the woods and on the beach this summer! Take care, my friend. Don't work too hard!

TheChieftess said...

Real fresh eggs are the best!!! Nice interpretations...love the shot of your friend!!!

Tamar SB said...

That spider web is too die for! Hope work wasn't too insane today!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Even though this in your opinion is hasty, it is still fabulous.

Leave It To Davis said...

Great job...and that spider web is very artistic! I don't like chickens, either. I also don't like cutting them up. I DO like eating them.

Carol Blackburn said...

Susan, what a lovely set. Your friend Laura looks so content and peaceful and that chicken, well...all I can think of is the saying "I was going to give you a nasty look, but I can see you already have one." LOL Wishing you a fun week, lots of buyers, and low or no stress. :)

Rosie Grey said...

A wonderful set of photos, Susan! As always I just love your interpretations!
I can so relate to having to little time for all the nice stuff and too much work - I do hope work slows down for you so that you can enjoy summer - at least I hope there is summer and sun for you!