Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Scavenger Time

Linking with Ashley, you know the drill.  Every Sunday; like clockwork. 





Been to the gym, grocery, made French toast for breakfast, have a load of laundry in the washer, and dishes in the dishwasher.  This afternoon I am totally sitting on the couch and reading which undoubtedly 3 to 4 pages in will turn into a nap.  I'm fine with that.




Summer Seats
Summer Seats

Summer:  There's a certain slow down of pace in summer more so than other seasons.  I'd love to sit a spell here, preferably with a glass of red wine.  Do you think the home owners would mind?
BTDubs, this spot comes with an unobstructed view of the ocean.  Care to grab a glass of red wine and join me?

 
Rebecca
Rebecca

Dance:  Went to a concert this week.  I was trying out my new (yay me) 50mm f/1.4-it served me pretty well in a dark setting.  At the end of the concert was a great dance while they sang "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire.

 

Back Seat Driver 281/365
Backseat Driver
 
Laughter:  How can you not get a little giggle out of this?
I was concerned the dog had no leash, but if the bike fell over, better for the dog to jump than be tethered, and it's a scooter-they don't go very fast.  As they zip off down the street, the dog rests his head on the owner's shoulder, obviously in complete delight.
 


Scooter Lesson
Scooter Lesson

Helper:  A perfect image for Father's Day.  As they passed me on the sidewalk the boy said "excuse me" and his dad said "new scooter rider coming thru".  Instantly I knew this was a picture and made one of those quick grabs.  Love that.


When It Rains It Pours BW 273/365
When It Rains It Pours BW 273/365

Water:  Someone asked me if this was an old man.
Hmmmm.  No peeps, it's a selfie.  And yes, I did buy a couple new pair of pants over to the thrift store when I donated these.



Took my father out for dinner Thursday night.  We had a great time-just father daughter.  He's celebrating with my brother and his family this evening.  He's milking this Dad thing right out....and he deserves it.

 
New Chapeau
New Chapeau

23 comments:

Kathy McB said...

OMGosh...literally LAUGHING at your "laugh" shot. How fantastic of a capture is THAT??!!?? And I totally love your selfie! Both the original capture AND the texture work/processing your did. Spot on fabulous.

Carletta said...

Hmmm....those chairs, an ocean view, sunshine...yes, please I'll have a glass of wine. :)
Love both candid shots of the scooters. A good dose of laughter and a sweet sentimental shot for Father's Day.
Beautiful work!
Happy Father's Day to your Dad!

seabluelens said...

I'm skipping the hunt this week but enjoying yours. I'm right there with you in those chairs. I'll have an iced tea, please. I love Helper - yes, perfect for Father's Day. Great set, Susan!

Tamar SB said...

I sure got a good laugh there! I'd LOVE to sit on that porch and watch the waves go in and out - I can smell it now! Have a good day - where'd the sun go!!??

Jane George said...

oh i love these! ouch with the selfie comment! i didn't think it looked like an old man! xxxx

Patrice said...

Great shots - love the Helper!

abrianna said...

I want to join you on that summer porch too.

Your laughter shot did indeed make me laugh. Great one!

Jackie/Jake said...

Great selections! Love the water shot!

Honey Mommy said...

I am with you! Summer totally makes me want to sit on the porch and relax (my own porch, that is).

I really love your water picture. I think it is awesome!

gina said...

Please save me a summer seat -- it look so relaxing! I love the tone of your selfie -- it really seems to tell a story. Nice portrait of your Dad!

Stephanie said...

Dad looks great! Your selfie is wonderful - great processing. Yes, I'll meet you on that porch and I'll even bring the wine.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I'm lovin your creativity, the mono selfie is KILLER! that's a nice photo of your dad, his smile is contagious.

You will love that 50 f1.4, it's light and sharp.

Saun said...

I would love to sit on that porch and listen to the waves come in. Your laugh had me laughing too. Great set!

Laloofah said...

Hi, I'm writing to RSVP to your invitation to join you on that porch with a glass of red wine. I accept, and get dibs on one of the rocking chairs. :-)

I need to watch "Slumdog Millionaire" someday, I've not seen it.

I think the next two photos are BOTH perfect Father's Day shots - one just happens to be a dog dad. :-) (Did you notice how perfectly Dog Dad's shirt matches the vehicle to his right?) :-) Love your description of the dog laying his/her head on her person's shoulder as they ride off. This photo made me think of this sweet video of a dog named Spirit who rides in his person's motorcycle sidecar, traveling the country. It's a touching story, and adorable video.

LOL - someone really asked you that? I would have guessed the opposite - that "When It Rains It Pours" was a photo of a kid!

Hey, that last photo - that the dude who's making you work so much it's cutting into your blogging time? "Yo, hey buddy! See my comment on the post below, and get a handle on the priorities, here! Oh, and happy Belated Father's Day, Mr. D!" :-)

Sarah Huizenga said...

Congratulations on the new lens. The 50mm for low light is awesome. Glad you finally got new jeans :)

bgottsab said...

Susan - another fantastic set. I absolutely LOVE your selfie - love the concept and the texturizing and the toning. And when I see images like "Rebecca" - those are the times when I wish I did have a dSLR so that I could play with new lenses and get shots like this. Love her expression and the flowing fabric. I'll be by this weekend and sit with you on those summer seats :) (I wish!)

TheChieftess said...

Love your interpretations!!! That selfie is amazing!!!

Cathy H. said...

It looks like the porch is going to be quite crowded!! I'm coming by, also! The one of Rebecca is so beautiful. She looks so graceful! Also, love your dad's portrait...handsome man!

Linda R said...

So many great shots this week. I would love to sit and have a glass of wine with you. I am pretty sure your on the other side of the country from me.. But it is so tempting my friend.

Glad to hear you had a great time celebrating dad.. What a handsome man.

Hugs~

Ida said...

Hmmm chairs with an ocean view....yeah I'd sit a spell.
Laughter was cute.
So was helper.
Your selfie water shot was wonderful.

Anita Johnson said...

My computer issues have made it difficult to visit my favorite blogs...I hope to have a new computer by the weekend. Another great group of pictures...I was about to say the chairs on the porch were my favorite...but then I saw the back seat driver.

Ross said...

Love the shot of the dog on the back of the scooter. Like you though I was a little concerned that the dog might get hurt but he looks quite comfortable and like you say it looks like he could jump if he had to.

Norma Ruttan said...

tres chic, Dad's chapeau!
I love wicker chairs any way, and to have it on a porch facing the ocean? Oh, yes, I'd love to join you with a glass of red wine! spectacular shot of dad and son! oh, what a sweet shot of the backseat driver.
of course, I always enjoy your Scavenger shots.