Pages

Followers

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday Night Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for this week's Scavenger Hunt Sunday.





I'm doing a night version of SHS this week, breaking ritual.  Watch out!


Ever go to the grocery store for a few things and take a look how they don't go together at all? 
Like,
cheese,  paper towels, and shrimp....
Or,
salad dressing, cereal, and Tide.....

It's even more fun to look at the combinations someone else is buying and wonder "what the hell?"
My point is, don't be wondering "what the hell?" about my set.  It seems like strange combinations to me and you other people may think it's even weirder.




Roof Thatchers
Roof Thatchers
 
Tools:  I was in Cuba 1 year ago (tomorrow) and still have images I've not shared.  Yes this is archives, but at least I'm seasonal-and they have tools.


Glide BW
Glide BW
 
Motion:  Working on panning practice.  This is a tough skill to get into the tool bag.  (see I'm trying to connect this to the tool thing above)



Andrew
Andrew
 
Sweet:  Andrew outside his new ice cream gelato place in town.  Still dieting...so no sweets for me, but I told him I'd send him some business.  He is a sweet guy too.
 

Ode to Eliza 295/365
Ode to Eliza 295/365
 
Dots:  Got waaaaayyyyy deep into the processing experimentation the other night.  Looking to make something like a painting I guess.  The "dots" are raindrops from another image I layered over the top.


Purse BW 292/365
Purse BW 292/365
 
Stripes:  I just love this photo.   I hope that's OK to love your own shot.  I need to get a copy to the owner of purse/sunglasses.  Bet she'll love it too.
 
 
 
 
Had a little time away this weekend with my Mom. We don't get much time together just the two of us, so it was nice. And we both slept well. And there were naps, and no TV. Sweet. But, no Internet. When I'm away from Internet access it becomes crystal clear how deep my addiction to it runs.
Not quite sure what to do about that.  Maybe just being aware is good enough.
 
Thanks for checking in with my late addition to the SHS.

13 comments:

Tamar SB said...

Wicked set - love the shot of Andrew outside his shop - sweet and colorful! Glad you had a nice time with your mom!!

Sarah Huizenga said...

It is good to get away from the tech world for a little while, but eventually your body starts to go through withdrawal and that isn't good either :) LOVE the purse and sunglasses, a good story could be written around that photograph.

abrianna said...

I like the shot of andrew outside the shop, reading a book.

Your dots shot is *Amazing*!! It absolutely looks like a painting. It is my favorite.

Cathy H. said...

This is such a great set! I love your POV on the workers shot. Ode to Eliza is beautiful! Indeed it does look like a painting! Have I ever told you that I enjoy the titles you choose for your photos!

Kelly said...

Absolutely it's ok to like your photos!! Fabulous set. Love that motion shot and love the colors in sweet.

Deborah Tisch said...

Ode to Eliza is fabulous! Your layering is just prefect for this.

Anita Johnson said...

When my computer crashed I felt very disconnected but it showed me perhaps I was on it too much. A little balance needed. I like your painterly approach to your edit.

Stephanie said...

Happy to hear you had a nice weekend. I was wondering why you hadn't shown up at the hunt earlier. Your set this week is excellent - as always and the Dots shot is my favorite. There's gelato in town? That might finally be a reason to go downtown.

Carol Blackburn said...

Great set Susan. Did you add that umbrella too? Love the composition.

Ida said...

I like your interpretations of the prompts. I believe my favorite was the Woman with the Umbrella. Very nice processing.

bgottsab said...

Susan - great set, as always. And yes, it is absolutely fine to love your own shot. I can see why you love that one - the lighting is really amazingly lovely - bringing out the texture in the purse and the reflections in the window and the silkiness of the chair cover. Works really well in BW. Love your post-processing experimentation with "Ode to Eliza" - it definitely has taken on a painterly quality that is very appealing.

Carletta said...

You always nail the prompts and these are wonderful!
I really like your tool shot - nice perspective.
I need lots of practice in panning. I like your shot and the choice of B&W.
Love the stripes shot! The image begs to tell a story.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

You should love your own photos more than anyone else :-)

You done good on panning, I don't practice this enough such that is it automatic, I still need to think about it.