Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Scavenger Time





Yup. Again. Linking with Ashley for the SHS.


Waiting at Target
Waiting at Target
 
Relaxing....Mama was on the cell, younger brother was being a total brat because mom was on the cell.  Big brother had it all worked out.


In Quiet
In Quiet
 
Inspiring Person:  It's rare that I knowingly am inspired by someone else's art.  I'm sure I do it all the time without realizing it.  The way I processed these lily pads tho'-taking some inspiration from Monet.  If only the gorgeous blossoms were out.



Looking for New Life BW
Looking for New Life BW
 
Written Words:  I like graffiti.  These tags are not quality, they are toward vandalism, but they mean something to some one.  Not digging that?  There's a no parking sign on the far right.


Rocky Beach
Rocky Beach
 
Memories:  I used to live a 1/2 mile walk from this beach and played there often as a child.  I like how she seems to be caught in reverie.
 
 
 
Best Friend BW
Best Friend BW
 
Best Friend:  She's awesome.  Friends for more than 30 years now.  That's a treasure.
 
 
Happy Sunday to you.  Whereas it's summer and in Maine summer doesn't last long, and thus far it's been foggy most of the time....I'm off to try to steal some sun for myself.  Thanks for stopping by to visit.


12 comments:

Patrice said...

Great shots, Susan - love Relaxing!

Saun said...

Your SHS are awesome! Love the Target shot my favorite is the beach scene

Stephanie said...

The Target shot is so on target! You could not have done better if you paid that kid to pose. Of course your art is an inspiration. I look forward to every photo you post.

Tamar SB said...

Love the target relaxing! That kid is zen!

Linda R said...

What great captures this week. I LOVE the photo of our friend. Oh how I would love to live by the beach someday. Your photos looks amazing.

Hugs~

Cathy H. said...

This was a tough set of prompts that I decided not to do, but you've made it look so easy!! Creative ideas and wonderful photos. The Target one makes me smile! The Rocky Beach is my favorite.

seabluelens said...

I agree with Cathy! Great job on a tough set of prompts. I was totally uninspired, but you hit the mark on every one. I especially love Waiting at Target. Wishing you a happy week, my friend.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

maybe big brother figured out that when mom get on the phone, he may as well chill out. Our Target has theses massive, red concrete balls that I've been dying to photograph, but I haven't figured out an angle. the girl really seems caught up in the moment, nice catch.

Ida said...

Very enjoyable set.
I liked that Relaxing shot. Great color, and the framing of your son in the shot is spot on.
I loved your Memories shot from the beach.
Your water lilies was lovely and while I don't care for Graffiti (the vandalism type) I do think it made for an interesting photo.

Karen said...

Big Brother is a very, very smart boy!

Sarah Huizenga said...

The beach has a way of doing that to you. Love the kid at Target shot :) Smart Kid!

bgottsab said...

Susan - I don't know how you do it, week in and week out, to pull together such interesting scavenger sets. Love the kid in the Target circle - not a care in the world. And your tribute to Monet is spot-on. Love that moment of quiet thought in Rocky Beach - and the bright, bright colors of her running gear against the muted colors of the shoreline. And you are very lucky to have a long-term bestie - someone with whom to share so much history.