Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Song-ography. Whoot.

 
 
 
Chore that Never Ends BW
Chore that never Ends
 
 
Homeward Bound...especially if I can get in and out in 20 minutes or less. It helps to beat the church crowd. That's a little tip from me to you.
 
 
Linking with the awesome Kathy over at "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" for her new link up called Song-ography.   If you don't know Kathy, do yourself a favor and go visit.  She's a refreshing blogger voice who never fails to bring a smile.
 
Link on thru to see what Song-ography is all about. Sounds fun to me.  All I have to do is remember to play along.  Early on-set, you know?
 
 
I've been in blogger slump/work overload land and didn't know about this new linky until I visited a friend.  That in mind....this is an archive post. BUT, that's OK.  Rules are suggestions in this linky, so I'm double down good with that.
 
 
 
 
Traffic Stop
Traffic Stop
 
 
While I was "homeward bound" the other night some one else got snagged.  So I snagged a shot of Mr. Speedy doing his thing.  I was working on slow shutter and thought blurred blue lights might be kind of cool.
 
Guess who Mr. Speedy stopped next?  He didn't so much like having his photo taken.  Well....who does?  When I explained what I was doing I said "wanna see?" and showed him my other shots of moving water, moving cars, and then the blurry shot of him.  He still was a bit crabby, but, oh well.  I don't think Mr. Speedy had much appreciation for artistic ventures, or adventures.
When I was in Cuba it was forbidden to take a photo of any police or military in uniform.
Hey Mr. Speedy-this ain't Cuba and you were only doing your job.  Get off me.
 
 
Next week is James Taylor "Up on the Roof"....wonder what Mr Speedy might say about THAT!
Thank you Kathy.  Rock star idea for a new linky.
 

18 comments:

Nicki said...

Fabulous shot - and some people! ugh! Look forward to your take on "Up on the Roof".

Saun said...

I love it great shots!

Karen said...

I am soooo happy to be Homeward Bound after being in the grocery store! Mr. Speedy may not appreciate your art, but I do. It's amazing what playing around with shutter speed can do.

Jackie/Jake said...

I hate grocery shopping as well. I am a real home body!
Great ideas for this week.

Kathy McB said...

Oh my gosh, haha....not sure what I like more? The fact that you had the gumption to take the officer's photo, OR that when he stopped you, you showed him your camera and all your shots, lol. Would so TOTALLY have loved to have been "homeward bound" with you that day so I could be laughing in the back seat of your car. Okay, I'm laughing at my computer. Either way, Bravo!. Thanks for linking up to Song-ography. I was soooo afraid I"d be the only one! :). Glad you have my back!

Linda R said...

Love this shot... Well done. I am going to have to play along as well.

Hugs~

bill lisleman said...

The blur looks good. I guess if I was the cop, I would be wondering why there was picture taking going on. No reason not to be nice to the public. Now paparazzi are different.

Oh I think a benefit of blogging is making your own rules and changing others.

Patti G said...

I can't believe he pulled you over for taking his pic! But then again - the age we live in. So sad.
Nice job on that blurred out affect - - - - -

Kim said...

You got gumption! I would have been terrified, but you got it and it looks great!

Sweepy said...

Woof, shooting can be dangerous watch it! Now I think I need to shoot too... shoot drooly photos I mean...

Ida said...

So glad you joined in with your "Mr. Speedy" shot. Thankfully I've never been pulled over (for speeding) but hey I see no harm in taking their photo. I mean seriously he wasn't breaking the law so it's not like you caught him in the act.
Call me weird...but I like going to the grocery store (most of the time).

Sharon said...

That's a great shot! I'm amazed you had the audacity to show him the photos in your camera. I bet he'll be telling your story for a long time to come :)!

Nancy said...

Great shot...You just never know how people are going to react.....

daniellesva said...

Love this shot!! It's fantastic!!

Sarah Huizenga said...

I guess that can't be too careful these days. At least he let you keep the shot :)

gina said...

Yes, I'm glad he let you keep the shot -- it's great! Thanks for the link to song-ography, it sounds like fun!

bgottsab said...

An interesting theme - love your interpretations.

I haven't been questioned by the police for taking photographs but I have been told to "cease and desist" by a number of over-zealous security guards. Glad you were able to keep this great image with its gorgeous lighting and light flares.

Anita Johnson said...

Great shot...action at its best. Hope it wasn't too costly. All for the sake of art!