Pages

Followers

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stretched Out Scavenger

Linking with Ashley for the Scavenger Hunt Sunday






I didn't do much on the 4th of July.  My Tula gets very stressed by fireworks, so I wanted to stay home with her and try to act like it's a normal occurrence to have all those bangs and pops going on.  I'm not sure I was successful, but at least she wasn't alone.

This week's list was full of reference to the 4th, so I'll have to twist (and shout) it up a bit.


Grapes
Grapes
 
Red:  With Kim Klassen stained linen texture.  One of my faves.  If you don't know Kim, you should.  She's one of the best out there.  Do yourself a favor and link on over for a peek, but don't forget to come back.  Seriously-she's that good.


Dappled Daisies BW 306/365
Dappled Daisies BW 306/365
 
White:  I hate gardening.  I only have the kind of flowers that come up no matter how much you ignore them.  Daisies never let me down....and they're so cheerful.


After Dinner 289/365
After Dinner 289/365
 
Blue: (and a touch of pink).  This man looked so content and provided a nice contrast to the late day sky.


 
Space
Space
 
Stars:  OK, I totally didn't have ANY stars, anywhere.  Playing around with clouds and a space themed texture.  Daisies looked stupid in space, so I had to fly with the stars instead.  Will have to really work with this texture again....I think it might be cool with the right subject. (i.e. not me)


Summer Morn 305/365
Summer Morn 305/365
 
Sparkle:  Lots of humidity-sort of rare in Maine, blessedly; gave gorgeous dewdrops in the light.


Happy Sunday to you.  Thanks for visiting my non 4th of July interpretations.

14 comments:

witchcrafts said...

The dewdrops are beautiful. Perfect for sparkle :-)

Stephanie said...

Your daisy shot is beautiful. I must have taken a hundred daisy shots this week but just couldn't get what I wanted. Ditto on the dew drops. I keep trying though. Poor Tula - a tough week for her. My dog would get in the shower stall and shake like crazy during fireworks.

Tamar SB said...

These are wicked! The grapes look delicious! Love the stars, amazing idea!

bgottsab said...

Susan - love your texture explorations! I think you look kinda great as part of a galaxy, far, far away. The daisies in black and white really lets you concentrate on the dappled light and the textures. And of course your bokeh dewdrops are extraordinary - really captures that sense of wet grass in the morning - another "Susan-down-low" perspective.

Kathy McB said...

"Summer Morn" = Perfection :)

Sarah Huizenga said...

FIreworks seem to last longer and longer every year. The poor puppies that hate them so. The summer morn photo is awesome. I always forget to get down that low and shoot, probably because it is so much work to get back up again, personal training or not :)

Susan said...

Love your summer sparkle. I hear you on the pups, that was nice of you to stay home for her.

augcott said...

"Summer Morn" is my fave!!!!!
I say frame it!!!

Great finds for your scavenger hunt!

:-D

Ida said...

Very nice set and some great interpretations. I like your creative take on Stars with the space texture. Also liked the Blue
shot of the man fishing.

Anita Johnson said...

Another good selection...the grapes are beautiful with the texture you added. Well done!

Carol Blackburn said...

Nice set, Susan. We were surprised this 4th that there weren't more fireworks going off all night since they are legal now in Maine. We fully expected we wouldn't sleep that night but oddly enough there was nothing after midnight. Will wonders ever cease?

Karen Traversy said...

I am with you on the daisies!!
Great post!

Cathy H. said...

Beautiful and creative images! I love the morning shot, but my favorite is the daisies! It reminds me of my wedding bouquet made of daisies! Can you tell I was married in the early 70's!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I'm just getting around to visiting, I've been on vacation (still am until Tuesday!).

Your daisies are are gorgeous, the lighting and crispness are just perfect!