Pages

Followers

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28th


Capturing a scent in images-that's a tricky task.  I suppose capturing any of the other senses, outside of touch can be.  When I thought of smell, the first thing that came to mind was skunk.  That ain't good.


Smells can be so pleasant-here's one.



Pizza {sh 39}
Pizza



And then there are smells that one must be a stout and quick photographer to capture.
 
 

Bait Fish
Bait Fish
 
 
Lobster boat images have a certain quaintness but often times you have to deal with the smell of the bait shed too.  It's a trade off.
 
 




The August Break 2013


8 comments:

Kathryn said...

We had salmon the other night, fish is pretty pongy!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

The pizza looks delicious, the lighting is perfect. Now I want pizza.

Kay L. Davies said...

The pizza made me hungry.
The bait shed made me laugh. I was raised by a sport fisherman, so the smell, while not exactly perfume, carries a certain nostalgia.
Luv, K

Leanne Barnett said...

The pizza looks great!
my flicker name is leanne@123

bgottsab said...

Oh, you definitely captured "smells" with that pizza image - an example of the best in food photography - it made my mouth water. Not sure about those bait buckets - phew!

Sarah Huizenga said...

I agree capturing smell is a tricky one. Bait shop images are great, all worth a little smell. That pizza looks divine.

Cathy H. said...

Your smells went from one extreme to the other! I'll stick with the delicious smelling pizza! Love the golden tone!

seabluelens said...

You did a pretty good job of capturing smells, my friend. That mushroom pizza made me hungry. And I was actually holding my breath when I was looking at the bait bucket image! As for skunk...I kind of like that smell, as long as it's just a hint. I'm not so crazy about it when one lets go under my open bedroom window and I wake up with my eyes watering. (We don't have skunks here - that was a special Maine treat.)