Pages

Followers

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Number Games



Closed for the Night
Closed for the Night 360/365
 
 
I'm so close to completing my 365, I can practically taste it.  I haven't missed a day.  This was yesterday's effort that went down after dark-cuz I didn't play it right during the light hours of the day, but I got it done, and I kind of like it. 
Kind of Hopper-esque in the mood.  Film Noir.  I like that moody bit.
 
 
How am I going to celebrate completing my 365 you might wonder? (or not).
 
I'm going to do ANOTHER 365.  Call me crazy. 
I have a few friends that have decided to join me in this challenge.  You can call them crazy too, if you like. If you're interested in craziness, let me know and I'll get in touch.

A 365 always increases your skills; practice, practice, practice.  You'll never become worse at anything if you practice.  This time I'm going to focus on increasing my skills at BW photography.  I am reluctant to do an exclusive BW 365-sometimes it's just hard enough getting an image done (see above), but my goal will be to learn to see BW better-perhaps even while taking the shot, not just in processing.


I made myself this collage logo.  Sure, if you have a logo there's better chance you'll succeed. 
Yah right.  I'm just trying to psyche myself out.
 
 
BW 365
BW 365

9 comments:

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

You can do it ! I like the laundry mat window, it's pretty cool after dark. Your logo is pretty awesome too, nice job!

I recommend Silver EFEX Pro for monochrome processing, but it ain't cheap.

Carol Blackburn said...

That came out super. I'm looking forward to see what you do.

Kathryn said...

I love your collages . . . more please! I'm amazed by people's commitment to doing 365's, way to go you.

TheChieftess said...

Congratulations on nearing completion!!! I am filled with admiration for you fulfilling the commitment! I love the idea...but it's not a commitment I'm likely to fulfill!!! Good luck with the next 365!!!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Love the shot from last night. Whatever it takes to get it done :) Love the collage, that is on my agenda for this fall.

bgottsab said...

Yea! Doing the happy dance for you here in Ohio. It is such an accomplishment - to attempt and fulfill a perfect 365.

seabluelens said...

I love your collage logo! Very, very cool. Congratulations on your perfect 365 - I know you won't miss a day now! September seems perfect for starting a new 365. I've always thought of fall as the beginning of my year, no doubt dating back to school days.

James said...

I love both shots! Your logo is really cool. It would have made a great album cover back in the day. :-)

Cathy H. said...

Love the laundromat in B&W, so timeless. Congrats on a well done 365 and looking forward to the next year with you! Fantastic collage! I love the 365 "hand."