Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Running on Empty?

Oh no, that's Jackson Browne.


Linking with my friend Kathy over at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out for this week's songography.  I'm getting really hooked on this linky-thanks hostess.  This week's task-Born to Run.


Like the Wind
Like the Wind
 
 
Ever see something out of the corner of your eye and know you've got to have it?
Yah.
 
She was riding next to me-(well, me in my car) along a tree lined road. 
Accelerate, park quickly and try to get "in a place".....and be quick about it!
  See I guess I was born to run this week too.  "Watch out everybody.  Photog running with a camera!"
 
 
I see horses trotting along, or walking with an owner-but cantering or galloping or whatever it is they do when they're going fast?  Almost never.  While this isn't a spot on, stop in your tracks, pan shot....I like the sense of motion in the horse, rider and even more so the blur in the sunlit grasses.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Now Pops is taking me out for breakfast, so I'll be back to do some visiting later today.

 

17 comments:

Adrienne said...

I think this is so pretty - agree about the blur in the sunlit grass! {and love the back story!}

Nicki said...

I am dangerous if I have access to a camera when behind the wheel - so I try not to have one around while driving because the temptation overwhelms me. This is motion-perfection. I think the "blur" adds to the story - both lending themselves beautifully with this week's tune.

Tamar SB said...

Oh wow that is gorgeous!!

Carol Blackburn said...

Cool pix! Hey, by the way, I heard your business commercial on WHOM 94.9 yesterday and it's good. Not like one of those Levinsky's, or My Bob's Furniture. Yours is pleasing to listen to, those others I mute. I hope you get lots of business from the commercial. :) I also hope Tula and Princess are both doing well, oh you too of course. :)

bgottsab said...

What a fabulous shot - and I love the story behind how you got it - that made me smile. It works because of all the things you mentioned - that real sense of speed and freedom - but most of all for that gorgeous golden light.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful action shot! Your story is great! You need a bumper sticker saying Photographer: I stop to take photos!

Ida said...

Awesome! You got great action with this, I like the blur (my shot has blur like that too). So great you were able to stop and get the shot.
By the way I love Jackson Browne so that would have been a great song choice too.

Susan said...

Wonderful action shot, and I love the movement of horses as well, so pretty! (Apparently I need to wake up a bit more this am, as for a moment I thought the Pope was taking you out for breakfast! ha ha) Have a great day!

Kathy McB said...

Totally lovin' this Susan! And the interpretation of "Born to Run" is so creative (which you KNOW I dig!). The blur makes me feel as if I'm right there with her. ORRRR, that I'm right there with YOU driving along next to her. So glad you are getting hooked on this Song-ography because I always look forward to your takes on the songs. Your photography always inspires me.

Debbie said...

oh i just love the blurr!! it gives a true sense of the feeling of motion and freedom!!

great take, beautiful image!!

Lynne said...

Great motion shot. The blur totally makes it! Love it.

Lynne @ a "new" Jersey Girl
www.rickandlynne.com./lynne

Stephanie said...

Now I have to watch out for you running in the road. You did get a shot worth running for though. Be careful!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

What a great way to work on panning, you done good!

nancyjean said...

oh, i love your photo...great motion!

Gert Jan Hermus said...

A great shot. Nice work! :-)

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Gert Jan

Cathy H. said...

Oh wow! A beautiful capture! I love the motion! Good for you for going after this one!

Brooke said...

I LOVE THIS!!! The movement you captured is perfect. Well done.