Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Song-ography

Linking with Kathy today over at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, for Song-ography


Frank Sinatra.  Classic.  How can you go wrong?  Well, you can't.   Summer Wind.  Sweet.







Summer Shoes 352/365
Summer Shoes 352/365




Afternoon Breeze
Afternoon Breeze
 
 


Sunset Sail
Sunset Sail
 
 
 
Aft 351/365
Aft 351/365
 
 
 
 
I can feel it slipping away.  Summer is so short here in Maine.  Too short.  Some say we have two seasons here, winter and July/August.  That just ain't nat'rul.


I used to teach-and worked very hard, but there were those 5 weeks in the summer where you could rejuvenate.  I have a hard time watching my neighbors who are teachers, well until next week when they have to start draggin' their sorry asses out of bed to leave the house by 7:00. 

All season I am surrounded by tourists vacationing and I sit in an office-gazing out the window at "it".    When my administrative assistant heads out for lunch I make her promise me she'll come back.  If I had a week off or something, it might help.

Today I'm going to zip down to the beach, (since I'm not working...shhhh, don't break the good karma), with a book and a pair of sunnies and catch me an hour or so of vacation time, and the summer wind.





24 comments:

deb did it said...

Oh such delicious photos!
I can FEEL them

Sharon said...

Love the red flip flop photo! I know what you mean about wishing you could get out of the office more. Me too. So we grab moments, right? Hope you get a few more nice moments outside before summer ends.

Patrice said...

Love the flip flops in the foreground and the beach scene in the background!

Tamar SB said...

These are great!! I'm relaxing looking at them.

Ida said...

Wonderful choices for the song. Loved the Summer Shoes shot. Also the last shot was very dreamy.

Funny comment about the seasons in Maine. We get all 4 seasons here in my area, some a little more pronounced then others.

Brooke said...

SOAK IT UP!!! Before it slips away for good. Until next July, that is! Love the photos ;D the tourists on the boat one is fabulous!

Sirpa said...

Beach and sailing... perfect summer!

Kathy McB said...

Ahhhh, that second shot...I can almost feel myself with the warmth on my face and exhaaaaaailing :). But the angle on your flip flops in the first shot, is fantastic...hope you kept the sand off your camera! Thanks for joining in on Song-ography my friend :)

Kim Cunningham said...

These are great! I really love the golden tones and light in the last image. Can really feel it to be the end if a day well spent.

Debbie said...

The summer, the beach, sailing and soft summer breezes, you captured it all beautifully!

Love the flip flops, I wear them all year long!!

Saun said...

I'm missing summer already great shots love the sail boat.

Cathy H. said...

I think it would be so fabulous to live close to the beach, especially the beaches in Maine! Beautiful captures of the end of summer! I hope you enjoyed your escape!

nancyjean said...

hope you enjoyed your hour at the beach...your photos are soooo beautiful! You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country...even if you only have two seasons!

Karen said...

So nice that you can escape for a hour at the beach! These photos are beautiful and they sure do make me feel relaxed.

Christine E-E said...

loved the angle of the red flip flops! were you laying on the beach when you took it?

Sarah Huizenga said...

That flip flop one is the perfect capture of summer.

Nicki said...

I would be completely useless if I had a beach close by - useless I tell ya! Absolutely love the perspective on that first shot and am always a sucker for boat shots. Nicely done - carry on with your 30 minutes of 'relax'.

Carol Blackburn said...

Super set Susan. Say that fast 5 times.........I dare ya. I think we all agree that red flip flop shot is tops. I hope you have a productive and fun week.

Kathryn said...

That first shot is just fantastic, love the pop of red. Hoping PP is hanging in there (and that you are too).

bgottsab said...

Hope you enjoyed your well-earned beach time. Love all of these odes to summer. My favorite is the golden waters in "Aft" and the red repetition in "Summer Shoes".

Honey Mommy said...

Love your summer shoes shot! So lovely!

seabluelens said...

I love Summer Shoes! What a creative way to frame a beach shot! When I was a kid, we'd get a new pair of flip flops (cost: fifty cents) when school was out and wore them to scraps by September. Cheap rubber flip flops and sand = the essence of summer.
Aft is beautiful, so peaceful and serene. I'm glad you've been getting some nice weather at last and that you're taking full advantage of it when you get the chance.

Sherri B. said...

Such lovely captures...especially those flip flops!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Love the flip flops! Lovely shots!