Pages

Followers

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Songography

Linking with Kathy at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out for this week's Songography.  This linky is kind of new, so if you haven't checked it out yet....well, you should.



OK, truth is......I'm not a Joni Mitchell fan. (GASP!)  While I respect she is a classic talent and fine musician, she's just not for me.  And that's why they have dials on radios and a gazillion choices of music on itunes.  It's alright to say "if I never hear that song again in my whole life, I'm alright with that". 

It's like books in the library.  If I start one, even get half way through, and think-geez I really don't care what happens with these characters, it's not against the law to take it back and find something else.  Don't tell my mom the librarian, or rock my grandmother's (who was a librarian) grave.  It's just the way I am. 




Reservations at Seven
Reservations at Seven
 
That said, this week was a little tricky.  I didn't want to have that song as an ear worm and until yesterday I was successful.  So here's "Both Sides Now"....inside and outside....both lovely.
 
 
Thank you Kathy-I suppose there's no chance that Usher's "Scream" is going to be the song for next week.  Yah, I didn't think so.

19 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely shot, and very nice depth of field.

Norma Ruttan said...

I agree with you. One of my colleagues and a friend who took the position of another friend thought that the former 1st grade teacher and I always agreed. I had to smile, then I told her, "There were times that we'd agree to disagree and move on."
Your shots have stunning reflections as well as the sensuous feel of the waves!

Stephanie said...

Perfect shot for this week's theme.

Patrice said...

Well done, Susan!

Sharon said...

Lovely interpretation of both sides, even if you don't like the song. I love it, I think because the lyrics have such depth. For Usher's "Scream" I think we could have someone pose in Munch's scream face :) That may be fun!

Kathy McB said...

Beautiful clarity in the foreground, yet I found myself intrigued by what was happening in the DOF. Way to roll with it my friend, Joni Mitchell fan or not :). Thanks for linking up to Song-ography!

Tamar SB said...

Gorgeous!! Not a huge Joni Mitchell fan either, but ever since Love Actually I've loved this one song, go figure.

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

I am not a great Mitchell fan either...nevertheless I like your interpretation very much! Must have been a nice restaurant with such a great view!

Ida said...

Fan or not you did a great job with the song interpretation. Such a peaceful view both inside and out. Makes me want to be there relaxing. So true that we all have our own musical tastes. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing.

augcott said...

Awesome interpretation!!!!
I haven't played yet because I just can't come up with something creative!!!!
Well done!

Sherri B. said...

What a striking photo - love it!

Kim Cunningham said...

LOL...sometimes you gotta mix things up and stay true to your style!

marciento said...

Hello! I wish you a successful new week.

Nicki said...

Not a Joni Mitchell fan either - even less a Bruce Springsteen fan, and don't even get me started on Elvis. Now Usher - I could handle a little of that. Nice shot of inside and out - both inviting.

Kay L. Davies said...

I had to laugh about the library books. I know exactly what you mean.
And ear-worms, too, although I can take or leave Joni Mitchell, and don't even have a favorite amongst today's singers.
As for your photo, Susan, it is exquisite. If I saw it in a magazine ad for a restaurant, I'd want to go there. All the elements are perfect, on both sides of the window.
K

nancyjean said...

your post made me giggle...you know what...I kinda agree with you! But I love your photo, it goes so well with today's prompt!

Justine said...

I am with you on all of the above! there are too many good books out there to be stuck with one and I am not a fan of Joni either but then I am stuck in the 80's disco scene and love the bee gees!! love your picture here

Linda R said...

I just returned a book I could not get into.. It will take me 6mo. to read a book if I don't like it. Love your photo.. The light is perfect in this shot..

Happy Monday..

Hugs~

bgottsab said...

Beautiful "inside/outside" shot with lovely contrasts of light and dark. My favorite part is the distortions reflected in the wine glasses.