Pages

Followers

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Songography



Linking with the amazing Kathy today for Songoraphy over at her shop "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out".  Today's song, I Want to Break Free.  I can relate to that title over and over again, well at least I find that theme in my photos often enough to make this song title easy.




I'm Lost 362/365
I'm Lost 362/365


 
Don't Fence Me In
Don't Fence Me In
 
 
 
Swing On a Star BW 7/365
Swing On a Star 7/365
 
 
Yes those are my feet and yes I am on a swing and yes those are tree-top silhouettes in the back drop, but the stars are textures. Swinging AND taking pictures at the same time....that is totally rock star and I have the bruises on my right arm to prove it.
 
 
Swinging is kind of freeing and breaking free.  Freeing by re-visiting a child's activity, by leaving the ground to touch the sky, and by flying (by the seat of your pants).  Not so freeing when the bit of vertigo says "why did you do that?" over and over the remainder of the evening.
 
 
 

17 comments:

Saun said...

Great set !

Lisa Gordon said...

These are great, Susan.
I especially love the first one.
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!

Carol Blackburn said...

Great set Susan. I absolutely love the first shot coming out of the forest and I can see it as a large oil painting. It would be quite the challenge for me if you will permit me to use your awesome image. :)

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

Love the picture of your shoes - taking it while being on a swing? Love it!

augcott said...

Awesome "song-o-graphy" choices!!!
Well done.
Hopefully I'll get to play next week!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

A very creative shot of your shoes, but it sounds a tad painful.

Kathryn said...

Love these . . . I love swinging and the feeling of childhood and freedom that comes with it. Very cool series.

Adrienne said...

Great series...swinging is wonderful!

Cathy H. said...

Love this post! You illustrated the song so well! Love the swinging photo. I know from experience it's not easy to focus and swing!

Ida said...

Great job for this song. I love your leaf in the fence. I agree being on a swing is kind of "freeing" and a lot of fun too. Way to go taking pictures while doing swinging.

Christine E-E said...

what a crack-up! I've had those same feelings after swinging too high... hope your bruise heals without turning the yucky reddish-purple that mine do.

bgottsab said...

Beautiful interpretations of the song title prompt. Each has its own strong emotional power.

Kadee Willow said...

Oh!!! My favorite thing to do as a child was to spend hours swinging on the swing in my backyard! And why, oh, why, as an adult I can't do it for very long at all. Nausea takes over! I love the second shot of the brown oak leaf stuck in the fence! You did a good job capturing the theme!

Kathy McB said...

Totally drawn into "I'm lost". The blur and Bokeh are fantastic. You ARE a rock star, whether u r swinging or not. But what I wanna know is....did ya jump? That was my fav thing to do on the swings...jump at full swing...now I might break a hip tho. which is a whole NEW interpretation for "I Want to Break Free" :). Thanks for joining in on Song-ography.

Stephanie said...

Part rock star - part super hero - taking risks to get that perfect shot. I love that you go the extra mile for the shot!

Linda R said...

You are a Rock Star.. Now I want to go find a swing... LOVE that first photo..

Hugs~

Norma Ruttan said...

I especially love your Swing on a Star because even as an adult, I loved to swing! (and the song is reverberating in my head!) But once playgrounds and parks took away the boards, because of my wide hips, swing seats are so narrow that they are not comfy to me. So now I enjoy my glider instead.