Pages

Followers

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Home Run!

Linking with my Philly girl Kathy for Songography


Home for the holidays.  Yup.  I went home for the holidays.  Made that 2 1/2 mile trek....driving conditions were clear so I was there in 5, well maybe 6 minutes.  Phew.


The Tree


My brother and sister-in-law have 2 kiddos 5 and 7, so really this holiday is about them.  I could pass it right by and just go get a coffee with my best, but the rest of the family finds much joy in the day.  It was fun to see the magic that lives in children this time of year, that somehow left my building a long time ago.  Elvis musta grabbed it on his way out.





Sharing Barbie Secrets BW

My niece got about a million Barbies and Barbie accoutrements this year (including a kick-ass karate Barbie outfit from ME!).  This one had a twisty thing and then the dress flapped open when you hit a button or something like that.  She was happy.
 


The New Toys

Thomas the Train is soooooo done.  Now it's Star Wars and more Star Wars-especially if there are Legos.  A couple of those droids ended up being my "guys" during the Sorry game we played later.
 


Go Pats!

Yes, the big kid's eyes still twinkle at Christmas.  He's rockin' the hat the grand kids gave him.  I'm thinking he's all set to attend a game in January or take care of any needed snow-blowing-or both!



Father Son 116/365

But here's the winner of the day for me.  My nephew can be an imp, but he left the imp home and had a fun day.  No way the milkman stepped in on this one.


Hope your home was happy for the holidays-or you went to a really good movie.


12 comments:

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I love you sarcasm about the travel time. Pop-pop has quite the twinkle in his eyes, even if he's wearing a Pat's hat.

Debbie said...

awwww, looks like so much fun!! Well worthy that long trek....uphill, both ways, barefoot in the snow ;)

I suspect you will "get" that!!

LOVE the hat!!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Wow your dad and your brother look so much alike. Great family times :)

Nicki said...

I love reading Christmas from your perspective. Kids really do add that something-something to the day - and without question, the postman was cleared of any wrong doing on that one. Love the Pats hat - saweet!

Cathy H. said...

Wow! Great family shots! Love the moment you captured of father and son!

Kathryn said...

I love that last shot . . . so how come you dislike Christmas so much?

Linda R said...

Awww.. That Last shot is wonderful. And the shot of your dad had me smiling. He looks so happy.

bgottsab said...

Loved seeing the holiday through your eyes - and yes, children do bring back the magic! Loved the smiles that you captured.

Ida said...

Wow that was quite the "trek" you had to make! - Mine is shorter, across the driveway.

Looks like a fun time was had by all. I like that Grandpa still has that "twinkle" in his eye. Christmas is not just for kids, I still love it even though getting through it can be tiring, it's still a very special time.

Happy New Year!

gina said...

Family portraits are always challenging, but you've captured some great moments. The last portrait of father and son is precious! Glad you made the long trek home for the holidays.

Deborah Tisch said...

Glad to see that you had a great time with family over the holiday. Beautiful images, as always.

Wishing you peace and rich blessings in 2014!

Leanne Barnett said...

I like the sound of the karate outfit for Barbie, the perfect Christmas gift. Happy new year to you x