Pages

Followers

Monday, December 16, 2013

Light



Parking Lot 96/365
Parking Lot 96/365
 


Orcs of the Grocery 80/365
Orcs of the Grocery 80/365
 
 


The Wasted Hours 93/365
The Wasted Hours 93/365
 
 
Struggling with the light, or better yet, the lack of light.  One more week until the soltice-and the turn.  Dark by 4:00, even a touch before, and a sun slow to make an appearance in the a.m. It's hard to find a window of time to make things happen in daylight.
 
 
But in the push, I have turned out some great shots-simply by trying to find something to fill the bill.  There are definitely some uglier results, but here are 3 that I'm really happy with. 
 
That grocery shot I took after noticing while checking out.  I told the cashier "that would make a great photo" to which she replied only with a look on her face "you remember to take your meds?".....out to my car, got the camera, went back in, snapped a few and showed her.  Then she said outloud, "wow, that's a really cool shot".
 
You just never know.  I'm still thankful to Anita over at "Did You Bring Your Camera?" for being the impetus to do so.  By the way, her pics are amazing.  Punch thru and give a look.
 
 
 

11 comments:

Kathy McB said...

The most beautiful shopping carts evahhhhhhh! :)

Carol Blackburn said...

Those colored light reflections are awesome. Enjoy your day!

Tamar SB said...

Love the carts lined up!

Kathryn said...

You have such a great eye and I love the confidence you have in taking shots were I would be too embarrassed to.

seabluelens said...

I love Parking Lot! How did I miss that one in the 365? The other two I've commented on before, other times other places. I know where you found those shopping carts, though, cuz I've been there myself now. :)
Sad to say, I wouldn't have thought to turn them into art. You have a wonderful knack for seeing the extraordinary in the everyday.

Leanne Barnett said...

I like your shopping trolley shot too x

bgottsab said...

Well you are certainly using the darkness to stoke your creativity. I absolutely LOVE the shopping cart shot - the wondrous repetition and lines and circles and those subtle reflections on the floor. Winner! Kudos to you for going back and getting the shot.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

'Parking lot' is perfect with the colors accentuating the reflection.

gina said...

Your shopping carts image is spectacular, Susan. However, my heart is drawn to the piano and the subtle light and focus. Your title made me laugh!
We're almost to the turning point, yay! Will you celebrate the solstice?

James said...

You really know how to make light work for you. Excellent shots!

Jeanne said...

You really make me laugh while talking about getting that shot in the grocery. You do get some LOOKS when you are running around shooting everything ( that looks good to you) with your camera. Isn't photography wonderful though in how it makes so many "usual" things look amazing. stuff you would have never even seen before your camera.