Pages

Followers

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Making the Jump

 
 
 IN A SPIN!
 
 
Whirl of the Carousel BW
Whirl of the Carousel BW

Hopefully back on track after an extended absence.  I'm not apologizing for being out of the loop, but I'll try to hop back on the spinning Merry-Go-Round blogging land can be and re-connect with my blogging buddies.  Worst part of having to step back is missing you all.  Thanks to those of you who checked in to see if I was still breathing.


In a Fog 92/365
In a Fog 92/365
 
This is the merry-go-round I've been on (and yes this pic is intentionally blurred).  I've just completed a class in web development at the local community college where almost all my classmates were 20.  I like them.  They made me laugh.  While I was swearing trying to get my brain to work.


Study Zone 83/365
Study Zone 83/365
 
I've been glued to the computer doing HTML and CSS-I had no idea what CSS was and only knew to say "HTML" and that <  , > , " ", and = signs were going to be involved.  Egad.  I had to record all the lessons, listen back again and take copious notes to try and understand SOME of it. 

 
 Meanwhile Matty K., a pudgy 19 year old who's likely spent his life up to now sitting in front of a computer screen would lean over and say "ah, you're missing a close tag."  WHAT?  How could he see that in a page full of symbols? Kids!  He finished his homework in class, I finished mine in 10-12 frustration filled hours during the week.  Kids!


 
 
End of Day Sepia
End of Day
 
BUT!  Who got a 92 in the class?  Shockingly?  This girl!  Whoot!
 
And I learned how to make a respectable website from scratch.  No WordPress or DreamWeaver or template things. 
Wow.  I'm a rock star.
 
 
Looking forward to catching up with you soon.
 



12 comments:

augcott said...

Woot-woot!
You ARE a rock star!
Good for you! 92!!! Awesome!
Keep rockin' it!
diane @ aug's blog

Lisa Gordon said...

A very big congratulations to you, Susan!
This is truly an accomplishment to be proud of.

Leanne Barnett said...

Well done!

Tamar SB said...

Well done you!! Sounds hard but intriguing!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Congrats and welcome back. Your selfies are the best. The carousel rocks.

I assumed you were wrapped up in finals. I know how time consuming software classes are, I used to teach C/C++ and my projects were very simple, but very challenging and time consuming.

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment. I think you need to treat yourself to something good. Glad you are back!

Kathy McB said...

You ARE a rock star. I'm trying to decide if I want to learn html OR Italian :)

Linda R said...

That is so amazing.. My brain hurts a little just reading about your class. Happy for you! LOVE the selfie shots. You also rock a photography my friend.



Kathryn said...

Way to go Susan.

seabluelens said...

Well, it's already been said, but I'm going to say it anyway: you ARE a rock star! Congratulations and welcome back! You have been missed.

bgottsab said...

Welcome back to blog land - you and your voice and images have certainly been missed! And yes, you are indeed a rock web star! Congrats on the 92 - well-deserved, I'm sure. Love your selfies.

Jeanne said...

Definitely sounds like some classes that i have taken. Glad it was you taking it and not me, and bet you are glad to be done... so welcome back!