Pages

Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

What's Black and White and Red All Over?




Ice BW
Ice BW
 
 
I don't have much on my mind lately.  Maybe that's a good thing.  Maybe from time to time a mind needs to just "chill out", pardon the photo referencing pun. Unintended.  I do that a lot, make unintended puns.  I never really thought puns were that funny-they're just something quirky that spills out of nowhere.   Wonder what that's about.  I think my mind even at rest may be overactive.  Wonder what that's about too.  Maybe I should let that alone.
 
See I told you I don't have much on my mind.
 
Where was I?  Oh yes, chilling out.
 
 

Snow Fingers BW
Snow Fingers BW
 
 
Don't think there's a pun for this one.
 
I have been focusing on black and white photography.  At least trying to focus on it.  I was hoping that I'd start seeing in black and white when I was out shooting.  It's happened once or twice, but rarely while actively shooting the photos.  I am seeing what will convert better when I upload what I've taken.  It will happen.  Practice, practice, practice.
 
 


White and Black BW 98/365
White and Black BW 98/365
 
Now this one.  This one I just knew.  Maybe it was so obvious even a caveman could do it.  Or maybe it's a start.
 
 
 
Oh-do you remember those riddles-what's black and white and red all over?
 
a. ) A newspaper
b. ) A skunk in a blender-that one is kind of gross
c. ) A nun with a rash
 
 
 
 
I think that's enough.
Now back to chilling out.
 
 

8 comments:

Kathy McB said...

A zebra with diaper rash :)

I do see the world in BW. Color is my difficulty. I'm much more at home in monochrome. I've been forcing myself to use color more in my photography. But BW speaks louder and so much more meaningful in my world. Love that las tshot of the boat. The angle, the tilt of the boat towards the pier, the oars, the pattern opn the pier. It all jumps out and is more noticeable due to the BW. Fabulous!

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Susan, here's hoping you have the weekend off and are out and about with camera in hand. The only photos I've been getting are out in my yard but that's ok with me. We have lots of ice underneath the snow and there are too many idiots out on the roads. I am happy to stay in my own territory. :) That boat shot is really cool, but then again so are the others. Hope you are looking forward to a wonderful New Year.

Norma Ruttan said...

I think texture in photos are more apparent in b&w. I do like texture!

Jeanne said...

Chilling is a wonderful thing to do after Christmas

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Snowfingers is great, very unusual. High contrast lends itself to monochrome, which your eye is definitely honed in on.

Chillin is a good and necessary thing for the soul.

Lisa Gordon said...

Smiles!!!
I soooooo love the photograph of the boat. Simply perfection in black and white.

Happy New Year, Susan!

Linda R said...

Your Black and White snaps look awesome... Enjoy your time just Chillin. Sounds perfect to me.

bgottsab said...

Your mind is a wondrous thing :) It is always interesting to stop by and see where you are going next. Love your BW work. These all work beautifully as monochrome images. My husband bought me one of my Amazon wishes - a book on all the many ways to convert to BW - so I am hoping to improve my skills in that regard. So much to read, so little time.