Pages

Followers

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Memories and Dreams and Stuff

Linking up with Ashley for this year's Memories, Dreams, and Reflections.  A great way to take one last look over your shoulder before speeding into 2014.



Self Slide
1. Me

Yup.  Me.


Love Her to Pieces BW 113/365
2. I Love You

I love her too much if there is such a thing.


Still Looks Good WTF?
3. Still Laughing

Her laugh is so contagious....and how the hell does she still look beautiful in that funky hat?  Not fair.



Yesterday 175/365
4. Winter Wonderland

When it's falling is the only time I'll admit it's pretty-if I'm in a good mood.  It's beauty is short lived. It comes too frequently and lingers for too many months, but I'll give you the "pretty when falling thing".



Unattended 3/365
5.  Birthday

I took this on my birthday.  I think this year's wasn't one for the record books.


Can You Say FBook Header?
6. Friends

Note to self:  Being the last one in gets you the worst seat.


Circular Stairs at Number 10 144/365
7.  I Was Inspired

Inside an amazing old house in Kennebunkport.  3 story circular staircase.  Wow.


Violet 241/365
8. Spring Fever

This kind of light makes me feel good.


On Monhegan
9.  Travel or Vacation

I only had one long weekend of vacation all summer...glad I got to spend it with my friends hiking in Maine.



Summer Shoes 352/365
10. Summer Days

Fading summer.



At the Gym 207/365
11. A Day in My Life

I go.  Everyday.  Like clockwork.  And insanity.


Cherub BW 28/365
12. All Smiles

I like this cherub's melancholy smile.


Color
13. Autumn Harvest

Well, when you rake them, you're harvesting, right?



Rocking Chair 140/365
14. Family or Home

It's pretty quiet at my house.



I'm a Friend of Nat's
15. Celebrate

I bought these before I turned 50...as a rebellious celebration.  They still work a year plus later.


Long Shadows
16.  Let's Do It Again
 
On a whim I asked the owners of this field if I could go on their property to shoot hay bales.  I'm glad I had the courage to knock on their door.  I hope I'll be brave again when I see something I want to photograph on private property.


Touching Summer
17.  I Miss You

I remember this evening in July.  I remember sticking my hand out and running it through the grasses and knowing it doesn't get better than this.



Gold 276/365
18.  Beautiful

Early summer flowers.


Red Dress 315/365
19. Dress Up

She was so happy and carefree in the water, watching birds and enjoying the evening.  I don't know her, she just oozed delight.



Long Rainy Day BW 2/365
20.  Macro

Tula.  Tolerating the camera.  Barely.
 
 

Dock Square BW 99/365
21.  Holidays

Dressed up for Christmas Prelude.



Who's Watching Who? BW 206/365
22. My Favorite

This was the luckiest shot.  Princess P kept coming around while I was trying to shoot selfies.  I scooped her up at just the right second and got this.  It wasn't meant to be in the mix.

 
Vacancy
23. Don't Ever Change
 
Chasing light like this.  I hope I can always do that.  I hope that will never change.


Like the Wind 348/365
24.  Just Because, So There
 
One of those moments that just popped up.  I don't know if all the blur is good, but I like it, so there.
 
 
Sky and Sand
25.  Hopes and Dreams
 
 

16 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

So many I wanted to comment on as I looked at them...I hope I don't miss one...the blur first: it's perfect! The selfie with Princess P: what a gift this shot is! Tula: tolerating the camera is wonderful, much better than turning away from it. Lindy can hear a camera being turned on from two rooms away. She can't see it any more, but she can hear it. Dress Up: sometimes strangers come along just when they're needed. Autumn Harvest: LOL, I think you're right. Friends: doesn't look like the worst seat, looks like the best! Still laughing: some people look good in anything. I have a friend who can get away with a crab hat.
Last but not least: there's no such thing as "love too much"!
Keep up the good work, and may 2014 be a banner year for you.
Hugs, K

Jeanne said...

love looking at your year in review! All beautiful shots, but have to say i do love your selfie with your beautiful kitty kat

martinealison said...


Je voudrais que dans votre coeur règne le bonheur... Je vous envoie tous mes souhaits de joie, de rire et de désirs... Que cette année soit très belle.

Gros bisous à vous.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Such beautiful work. I have loved "meeting" you this past year and following your work. This year you need to take a longer vacation though :)

Linda R said...

So many wonderful photos.. I LOVE the photo of you stretched out over you friends. And the one macro shot is awesome as well..

Happy 2014!

seabluelens said...

I'm so glad you did this! (You do know you're the one who encouraged me to take it on last year, right?) Every shot - accompanied by your rather sardonic comments - is perfect, and so perfectly YOU. From your beautiful Princess P to your beautiful friends to your last beautiful Hopes and Dreams - your own beautiful self is reflected. Your photos make me laugh, cry, and leave me in awe. But I agree with Sarah that you need (and deserve!) a longer vacation to enjoy the all-too-short Maine summer. Happy New Year, my friend. I'm glad we're neighbors again!

Stephanie said...

Your year in review was a great way to spend this snowy morning. I enjoyed every word and picture and look forward to seeing many more this year.

Tamar SB said...

Gorgeous year, Susan. Love that staircase! Here's to a great 2014. Enjoy the snow!

Ashley Sisk said...

Oh how I've missed your blog and photos. What a beautiful collection!

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh my, you just touched the surface with that wonderful review. Looking forward to see what 2014 puts in your path to photograph. Let's hope it's less snow and more grass. :)

Lisa Gordon said...

So many wonderful memories here, Susan, and your photographs are wonderful!

Susan said...

All of these were so wonderful. I especially loved the one of you and Princess P. Happy New Year!

gina said...

Wonderful series, Susan! I remember some of them from previous posts, but it is fun to see them again....a great way to review the year. I ADORE that spiral staircase, and the autumn trees, and the red flip-flops. Happy New Year!

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

Nice job, you've done an extraordinary job! I admire your tenacity both going to they gym and knocking on doors, hopefully some of you good will rub off on me.

Cathy H. said...

This is a wonderful collection of your beautiful work. Have I ever told you how much I enjoy your writing? It's true! You always make me smile!

Deborah Tisch said...

Stunning. Simply stunning. On all counts. I would love to be your shadow when you go out to take these images.