Pages

Followers

Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Day

Linking with my friend Kathy over at "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" for Songography-where the song this week is MY Day.  It's all about me!


I'm not watching the Olympics.  OK, sorry.  Shoot me now.  I don't have cable TV and don't watch much TV, so....it's not so much the Olympics, it's everything.

Therefore, I have to twist up this week's song for my own personal Olympics this morning.


For the first time in maybe 2+ years, Tula Dot and I went for a little cross-country ski.  I go to the gym everyday, but decided to take it outside this morning.  Wise choice.



On the Run
On the Run
 
 
Tula was absolutely Olympic sized happy.  She's not so happy this evening-she's sore everywhere, but her joy was wonderful to see.
 
We had the entire trail to ourselves as it was 7 in the morning.  Have to know when to chose your moments.  I complain about living in Maine because of the weather, but the chance to be out in the woods alone, solitude....you can't get that just anywhere.
 
 

iphone Selfie
iphone Selfie
 
 
Yes, I was taking pics with my iphone and still not liking it.  I'm trying.  Skiing with a big camera is hard.  I know, speaking from experience.
 
 
 
Trail Partner BW
Trail Partner BW
 
"What do you mean, get in the car?"
Guess who didn't really want to go home.
 
 


French Toast and Fruit
French Toast and Fruit
 
Guess who really DID want to go home?  Every Sunday morning I make this as a  special treat for myself.  No syrup, just fruit.  The steam is real, just light passing thru from the kitchen window. 
And NO, I didn't take that with the iphone.
 
 
Thank you for your visit, and thanks to Kathy for hosting this fun linky. 
Go for the gold!




20 comments:

Kathy McB said...

Honest to goodness, there is such joy in that capture of Tula Dot running in the snow! And I'm with you on the whole IPhone thing...I much rather use my camera 99.9% of the time. And that steam coming off your breakfast? THAT is why I prefer my real camera too! Beautiful. Thanks for joining in at Song-ography!

Tamar SB said...

So glad you had a great morning out in the snow - see it's not all bad!

The waffles - look - amazing - and steam - wow!! Now I am hungry, again!

Cathy H. said...

I'm proud of you for getting out so early in the cold. You are so right, solitude in the woods can't be beat! Love that breakfast! I've never seen french toast look so good!!

Debbie said...

I find being outdoors exhilarating, especially in winter!! Looks like a happy pup, I'll bet you were just as joyful after breakfast!!

gina said...

What a fun day! I am so impressed that you went cross country skiing before breakfast! Being alone in the quiet woods sounds very appealing. Your French toast photo belongs in a magazine.

Sarah Huizenga said...

The iPhone is definitely handier in those situations. You did great, even if it is hard for you. I don't want to hear how I eat better than you. That french toast is killer!

Sarah Huizenga said...

The iPhone is definitely handier in those situations. You did great, even if it is hard for you. I don't want to hear how I eat better than you. That french toast is killer!

chai-and-chardonnay.blogspot.com said...

That looks like a perfect day…and the French Toast!!!! wow!

Jeanne said...

Love this shot of the steam rising from the french toast. Perfect catch. I also love that you enjoyed going out to cross country ski.. I used to do that alot and just loved it, but haven't for a long time. The solitude and beauty is just unmatched! Gorgeous.

Carol Blackburn said...

Tula looks absolutely ecstatic. I love that shot of her and your caption about not wanting to get in the car, LOL. Looks like you had a super weekend.

Wayne (Woody), whatever said...

I have been enjoying the snowboarding events, the women are crazy good.

Love the steam rising.

I love the convenience of smart phones, but I'm not crazy about the camera.

Kathryn said...

The sheer joy on Tula's face is so palpable. Love it. And your breakfast . . . . yes please.

Kay L. Davies said...

LOVE the look on Tula's face. Happy happy dog. Lindy doesn't run any more, partly because she's overweight and partly because she's getting very blind. However, we're always thrilled when she's in the car with us and somehow recognizes where we are, and sits up with a big smile if it's one of her favorite places...it can't be the smell, because she can't smell well enough to find her own food bowl without help, so we think she's somehow "counting" the stops and turns made by the car.
I'm trying not to watch the Olympics, but Dick has the TV on when he can. So far I've happily seen two Canadian skiers get gold and silver, and was also happy to see Evgeny Plushenko skating at the age of 31. I remember when he was a young teenage skating sensation.
Anyway, so much for me boycotting the Olympics on personal/political grounds (I have friends in the LGBT community).
Hugs to Tula and yourownself,
Kay and Lindy

Lisa Gordon said...

Tula sure looks happy out there, Susan, and oh my goodness, that French Toast looks soooo yummy!

Anita Johnson said...

I can almost taste the French toast through the screen...what a great shot. I still miss Buster, my old dog, he was so much more fun than little Bugsy, who would be very happy to be carried!

bgottsab said...

Ah, you created your own Olympic moment for you and Tula! Well done! That last image of your Sunday morning treat would make any food stylist proud. Love the view through the steam - yummy!

kathyL said...

Love the look on the pup's face - she really looks disappointed about having to get in the car. All that cold and snow - and then that steamy breakfast. Perfect. That shot is a beauty.

seabluelens said...

Oh, it's so good to see Tula running so freely after her troubles last year. And that French toast? Just wow! You are an artiste with the steam photography.

Ross said...

Great pictures! It looks like a great trail! Tula looks really happy as well. Have yourself a great week.

Norma Ruttan said...

Tula has such a sweet face. It's hard to see our pets develop the same aging problems as ourselves. love, love, love that shot of the steaming French toast! good thing I'm not hungry right now, or I'd have to have me a snack!