Pages

Followers

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Happy Songography



One
One


I recently visited my aunt and uncle in La Jolla California. That made me happy. My last vacation was nearly two years ago. You know what else? There was SUN.  Everyday.
That totally made me happy.


 
Near the Sea
Near the Sea


And there was....wait for it.....
 
COLOR!
No frickin' way!!  I haven't seen color in so long I forgot what color looks like.
 It looks good.
 
 

In Bloom
Blossoms
 
 
And there was new and different stuff and fun things to take photos of.
 
 
 
Repetition
Repetition



Surfer's Car 201/365
Surfer's Car
 
 
And there was the chance to spend extended time with my aunt and uncle who are lots of fun.


At Sammy's
At Sammy's


As is their adorable dog Spiffy.
 

Spiffy
Spiffy
 

Did I mention there was color?
 

Chicano Park
Chicano Park
 

A park full of street art. That totally made me happy.
 

Prose
Prose
 
 
Linking with Kathy over to "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" where this week's song, if you weren't paying attention is "Happy". 
Everybody knows that one.
 
Have a happy day.
Thanks for letting me share a few highlights of my happy vacation.

19 comments:

Kathryn said...

It's always fun to explore a new area . . . and I know what you mean about color. After such a long winter I think we're all gagging for it. Hubby and I are off to Chicago next weekend to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. Never been there before so I'm excited to see what its like.

Saun said...

Looks like you had a good time love the first shot and the old van

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh how happy, happy, happy! Glad you got to go on a wonderful trip which made you so happy. I'm happy for you!

Sharon said...

Great photos of your trip! I live in San Diego and appreciate it every day. I've never been to Chicano Park. Looks like I should go and see all the color. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time in my corner of the world :)

Carletta said...

Oh my - such a treat for the eyes!
Love the old rusted bus, that last piece of art that is entrancing and the first shot is beyond gorgeous!
Glad you had a wonderful time!

Tamar SB said...

So much to smile and be happy about! Love the sunset - wowza! Spiffy is pretty cute too. Looks like you brought the sunshine back to New England, too! Thanks (-:

TheChieftess said...

That sunset shot is spectacular!!!

TheChieftess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Cunningham said...

Sunshine and color are definitely two ingredients for happy! These are great!

Leanne Barnett said...

These are very happy photos, so glad you got to see some colour & some sun!

seabluelens said...

Great set! I especially love the self-portrait at the end, which beautifully showcases your colorful personality.
PS - I have crocuses blooming in my yard today!

Nicki said...

you had me at California. :)

Lisa Gordon said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, Susan, and what a neat place to explore.

Love Spiffy!

Sarah Huizenga said...

You do kind of forget what color is like, and then it is color overload, in a good way.

bgottsab said...

The happiness is practically exuding from my monitor! I am so glad you were able to take this vacation - well-earned for sure - and fill your eyes and lens with light and color and lovely relatives and cute dogs. So "happy" for you and the wondrous artistic results.

Ida said...

Wonderful post. So happy you had that vacation time. Loved that Surfer Photo with the stunning sunset. It's great that you were able to spend time enjoying family and visiting fun places. Cool Van, Great street art.

Anita Johnson said...

its all about color in these days when spring seems never to come...nice shots...the first one is my favorite!

Ross said...

Wow! Such great shots! I love the first picture of the surfer! Hope you had a great weekend. I know it's been a while since I was last on your site!

Anita Johnson said...

Where are you? (o: